Just learning Tarot Reading, need to know a few things Plz Help! Thanks:)

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Battygurl

Just learning Tarot Reading, need to know a few things Plz Help! Thanks:)

Post by Battygurl » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:04 am

1. When trying new spreads do u say what spread it is out loud or write it down?
2.Do you have to cut the deck prior each spread?
3.Can I shuffle them like normal card ( they are hard to shuffle other ways)lol
4.I got addicted right away .. is there a limit of use per day?

I really appreciate the help!! xoxoxoxoxo

Lady of Avalon

Re: Just learning Tarot Reading, need to know a few things Plz Help! Thanks:)

Post by Lady of Avalon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:09 pm

Battygurl wrote:1. When trying new spreads do u say what spread it is out loud or write it down?

1. If I am reading in person then I plan the spread in my head and then say and explain it to the seeker :)

2. No

3. Shuffle them hand to hand either long ways or sideways but I wouldnt recommend that you split them into two piles then snap them togther, they won't last long. Or you can swirl them on velvet if you use reversals.

4. hehehe well, if you aren't tired or drained then no but don't keep repeating a spread or repeating a question or it gets too confusing,

Why not take the Mystic Board Course here?

George

Re: Just learning Tarot Reading, need to know a few things Plz Help! Thanks:)

Post by George » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:46 pm

Battygurl wrote:1. When trying new spreads do u say what spread it is out loud or write it down?

1.  i would say that if you are trying a new spread that maybe you should say it out loud to confirm it in your subconscience that you are trying a new spread and writing it down is not a bad ideal either.  this will help from your getting mixed up during the reading and confusing yourself and the cards.

2.  you never have to cut the deck if you don't want to!

3.  yes, you can shuffle like any kind of cards but Lady of Avalon made a great point about snapping them together. you ever see a poker deck that is worn out and useless?

4. no limit at all save what you can handle at one time!  so go ahead and read a much as you are able.  its also go to do as much as you can because you cards will get to know and vice versa!

have fun!  
:smt006

singerofpeace

Post by singerofpeace » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:35 pm

Supposedly, most professional sources say that you should not get a reading more than once within a 24 hour period of time... because it IS addictive, and can start to make it difficult to make decisions or take paths without first consulting the cards.  I'm studying with a woman who doesn't read for anyone more than once within a week- she has seen people get debilitatingly addicted, and eventually is forced to refuse to read for them.  She says that this also applies to readings for yourself.

But in the end, it's each person's own decision... that's what's so great about tarot.  It can be whatever you want and need it to be.  Well, that's part of what's so great about tarot... it's pretty much all great :)

I try not to bend the cards when I shuffle, but that's just me.  I ask the people who I'm reading for to shuffle any way that feels comfortable, just without bending them... I'm protective about my cards... and then I apologize for how awkward it is, because my cards are enormous (but wonderful).  I've seen a LOT of shuffling techniques by asking that.... from the smushing them all over the table to cutting them a lot to separating them out into piles card by card, all 78 of them.

So glad you've discovered tarot :) it is truly amazing.

kybunker

Post by kybunker » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:31 pm

Hello BATTYGURL!
Have to add my 2cents in

Your exciting I have to add that!

It's always fun to be with the cards. There's so much you can do, I like to work with the oracle and fairy cards alot,
They'll be sitting on my table, Someone will walk in the door with a burden,
I'll tell them to go and take a card out,, Tell me what it's saying to you. They like to speak to even thoughs who haven't researched the meanings.
The person can then get their own insight on their issue, instead of runnning to someone else to help fix their situation.

There are so many techinques on how to do spreads, and shuffles,

Before I even choose a spread, as I'm shuffling the cards, ( :) I shuffle the way you would a normal deck of cards)
And if the shuffle is having a hard time, I know that the persons week is going to be a tough one,, That's when I decide on what spread is to be pulled.

This is why I joined this site, To experience others techinques and beliefs.
Thanks for the wonderful topic

kelley

Return to “Tarot”