Your interpretation, please

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

AngelicCap

Your interpretation, please

Post by AngelicCap » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:53 pm

Hello,
Let's suppodse the three cards were given in  reading: The fool (upright), the devil (upright) and the justice (upright).
What wwoould they represent?
What does this reading in

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:09 pm

Hi Angelic Cap

I replied to this two days ago, but it looks like the gremlins of the Mysticboard servers must have eaten it.
Let me see if I can reiterate what I said.

I am going to interpret based on my own deck which is the Rider Waite. I am not going into any chronological sequence; simply interpret the best I can the three cards.

The Fool.
To me this denotes new beginnings. It feels to me you have embarked on a new path, project or just gone up and started something on gut feeling. Almost thrown caution to the wind and come what may. I dont mind the Fool card; in fact, I like it. It shows bravado and courage, some might call it careless and stupid, but I'd say gut instinct to get up and go what the inner self tells you.

However, a word of caution now with the Devil. In this new path of yours, I see temptations, addictions, desires of the flesh and what not... It is almost a person who leaves the country side and comes to the city only to be dazzled by what it offers. I say caution so that this new-found freedom, this new zest does not drive you into the hands of flesh and lose yourself in it.  Just be wise that there are many things out there which could be almost a bondage to us.

The Justice: well, this is time for justice and retribution; cause and effect. Pay time! The Devil is there with all its pleasures and temptations. We all like pleasure(s) in life and I am not going to say stay at home and lock the door. Just use common sense, so that the Justice may not call you to serve you for what you may have done.

I hope this has made some sense to you.

Sorry, did not mean to lecture while interpreting the cards.

all the best to you and let me know if it made any sense.

Cedars

AngelicCap

Post by AngelicCap » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:26 am

Ceadars,
Thank you honey.
AngelicCap,

dafphodil

Post by dafphodil » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:11 am

When I was first getting into tarot, I did a lot of research on each individual Major Arcana card. One of my favorite ways of defining "The Fool" that I came across was that he represented the human at its purest. He is adventurous and perky, but a bit on the naive and impulsive side. He is #0 of the Major Arcana: at the beginning of the journey. Usually when I draw "The Fool", I interpret the positive characteristics of him like the optimism and charisma. Nevertheless, he is named "The Fool" for a reason. Since he falls beside "The Devil" and "Justice", it looks to me to be calling for some kind of warning. The Devil is the very root of materialism. He is the ultimate creation of Earthly acts, and represents the neglect of spiritual pursuits. Humans are judgmental creatures. To most of us, seeing is believing. And what we do not see, we tend to exclude from our lives. Thus "Justice" warns that every effect has a cause. You may be too absorbed in superficial things, and it is the cruel responsibility of fate to hold you accountable for the things you may run away from -whether you're conscious of it or not. You need to determine an immediate course of action and bring that ignorance into the light. "The Devil" is probably one of the only cards that doesn't ever typically have a good reason for being dealt.

Pretty much, "The Devil" is the only card to really truly be afraid of. And justifying a fool who has put himself in the hands of the Devil will undeniably be a workout.

AngelicCap

Post by AngelicCap » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:05 am

Hello,
Thank you for your contribution dear.
I will definitely reflect upon what you have written.

dafphodil

Post by dafphodil » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:20 am

Well, it looks like the response before mine would've worked just as well. But thanks for the brief project!

Return to “Tarot”