When you first began reading

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

kybunker

When you first began reading

Post by kybunker » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:20 pm

Did you follow a book/ teacher
or did you start without a human guide?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:04 pm

I did an internet tarot course, not with Mystic Board. Then I got introduced to this site and been here since.
We all start somewhere... Many free courses in the Net..... I started mine with Joan Bunning's free internet tarot course.
Cant give site addresses here..... but just make a search of the name I gave you and see it for yourself.

Also, this site does give a more interactive tarot course where you can interact with your classmates....... as we are doing now.

MysticalMoose

Post by MysticalMoose » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm

I was originally given a deck of cards when I was 8  by my Grandmother who read & was a medium, she taught me to just "feel" the cards & see how I felt.. I quickly learned that altho the cards had traditional meanings they often meant something else entirely in the context of a reading.. I would watch her read for friends & think "that cards doesnt mean that!" but the sitter would understand....so what she was getting was correct! Later on I picked up books & read them & took bits from here &there & practised on people...joined a few online forums & learned from people there..& Im still learning.... I have gradually learned to take notice of what FEEL with the cards before what I have read....

MM xx

Elis Lopes

Reading Tarot

Post by Elis Lopes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:00 pm

Hi, I've only started reading tarot (or trying) a year ago, more or less. I did not take any course, but bought some books. I have to admit that i'm still struglling with the detailed meanings.

Elis

J0NJ022

It's not just me, then

Post by J0NJ022 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:03 pm

Not being in a position to afford an actual deck yet, I thought I'd try the software here.  I've just started the Joan Bunning Course, too. The reading I've just *tried* (my first - talk about a beginner!) is all over the place according to the "book" definitions, so I'm going to take a closer look at the cards and see how I perceive each one.

As long as nobody thinks this is off thread, I'll post how it went as soon as I know myself.  Hopefully, this will answer the question in detail.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:12 am

Hi JonJ022

I started off with Joan Bunning's online course myself. It is a very good course, please keep up with it.
Also there is a free course on this site too where we all share our ideas and interpreations of the cards in the open forum.

Good luck to you and do not hesiate to post your findings.

cedars

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:10 am

Hi Jon, welcome,

Try our tarot course here :) Its free and fun, and explains very simply about intuitive reading so you don't need to learn meanings  and comit them to memory :)

Return to “Tarot”