a question about reversed cards

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

picasso1

a question about reversed cards

Post by picasso1 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:52 pm

hi, i am new to tarot reading, and i am not sure about reversals.

when asking a specific question, using reversals will totaly change the answer within the reading.

should i be using them, or not?

advice would be appreciated

love & rainbows xx

farafina

Post by farafina » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi,

It depends on your own "feel" for them.

Reversals for me do not change meanings completely, sometimes they reveal the person's own energy. For instance, if all cards are reversed in a reading, it shows a depressed, or pessimistic person. But this is my own interpretation. Everyone uses them differently.

Sometimes reversals show me that I need to pay closer attention to a specific card. Or even that a positive qualitity or potential is not being applied or used by the person.

Also, each card has a positive and less positive side to it, and the reversal makes me think of a meaning that is closer to the less positive side of the card....

I must sound confusing... I know... :)

picasso1

thanks

Post by picasso1 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:32 pm

thanks for your reply, i like a reading better not using them, but i think its just as it appears more positive.

thanks for your imput

xx

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:12 am

I could not have put it better mysell Farafina,
Although I avoid reverse cards, but if I had one by chance, I would interpret them similar to yours.

Cheers

singerofpeace

Post by singerofpeace » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:41 pm

I started out that way too, not reading reversals, and it worked fine... but one day a card was reversed and suddenly it just made a whole different picture to me, and I read it as such.  It was pretty cool... then I gradually started reading all reversals, either by a specific new meaning that the position seemed to give, or just as: "The elements of the card are all there, but there is something that still needs to be changed in order for it to manifest itself as non-reversed" or something like that.  That could make it a hope or a warning, depending on the card.... it seems to make sense in my mind, I don't know if other people read like that.

Return to “Tarot”