Ace of Pentacles & The Empress

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Angeleyez

Ace of Pentacles & The Empress

Post by Angeleyez » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:58 pm

I had a question about interpretation....I still new to tarot (only been reading for about 2 years). The Ace of Pentacles has been a highly prevailent card in most of my readings, however I have yet to see the financial windfall that it speaks of. I still however, believe that it is on the way. What kind of questions should I ask to unlock more info on this card in my readings?

Also the Empress card ( one of my top fav's) appears as well, normally when I see it I interprete it as my court card. Does anyone have in interepretations of the card other than what I have read?

Love, Peace, & Hair Grease.....

Astynome

Post by Astynome » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:40 am

Hi Angeleyez

I think the Ace of Pentacles can mean that a person or situation is in a position of being open to receive stuff.  Some other divinitory meanings are a garden; a full and loving intimacy; a robust physique.  And i think the thread within these and other meanings is  that the condition of whatever it is referring to, can and will attract abundance because it is in such a good state that it develops a natural attraction to enhance and maintain itself.  So yes, basically there is an idea of fertilizers, food, nutrients, or wealth, so as to further and enhance the condition of the subject.  The negative side of it might be to do with say, getting an overabundance and then being wasteful and perhaps ignorant of how to put it to good use.  With the examples, say the garden, it will perhaps point to a glut of produce or plant life so that you may be overwhelmed by how to keep it manageable.  The fullness of relationship may tend to get to the point where one of you is starting to feel that the overindulgence in each other is overpowering and making them sick.  The robust physique may be so well fed on a nutrient rich, organic, powerfood diet that some of the nutrients begin to build up in the joints and organs because the body can't quite regulate whether to keep them or let them go as waste.

The Empress is about growth, acquiring things, developing, and is often ambitious, wealth will beget wealth, and so forth.  The subject is desirous of improvement, perhaps a kind of status often related to what you have, look like, how you carry yourself, and how others are likely to perceive you and yours.  It's about maintaining a level of sustenance, health, beauty and good living that is ongoing and keeps deprivation at bay.  The negative side is that the subject may become greedy, or cut off their love when others aren't working in with their ambitions, or they might begin to feel threatened if they feel  they are becoming stale and stagnant and not progressing or creating things in line with their goals and ideas of productivity.  

best wishes

Return to “Tarot”