Does different design of tarot card have different meaning?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

hsfcc123

Does different design of tarot card have different meaning?

Post by hsfcc123 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:54 pm

I love to collect tarot cards however, different of the card seem to make mi very confuse with the meaning of the cards!!Therefore, does different design mean different meaning to tarot cards???? :smt010

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:49 pm

Yep bang on :) Each deck is different :)

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:24 pm

hsfcc123
Don't be discouraged If you learn to read intuitively you will be able to pick up any card from any deck and be able to read it even if you have never seen the card before
                              Blessings Decia

bellevalentine

Post by bellevalentine » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:13 am

yes I would think so according to the artists interpretations =) just my opinion =)

Rev_Vesta

Post by Rev_Vesta » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:15 am

yes different decks do offer the reader a chance to intuitively read the card differently for each individual querant (the person you   are reading for...)

For me when i purchase a new deck, whether tarot or oracle deck.... i take a card and look at it for 30 sec..... then close my eyes and meditate on the card...... sometimes i step into the card visually........ when i open my eyes again I write down how that card made me feel... what i saw, what i heard from within........then i look at the card again... and write what i see on the card...........and what it means to me......... then i look at the authors interpretation..............and write down notes that seem imnportant to me......... i do this until each card has been written down....... then i will do a single card asking a single daily question....... then a three card spread..... putting the cards together to tell a story,..... then a six card spread . then  a 10 card spread.....(Don;t put them in a set spread from a book just random place the cards...)...writing down the cards in   a  story line ..... practice practioce practice... don;t try a remember what the postions of the cards mean... just read them as you feel is intuively right for you......

Hope this helps....

Jeanius

Tarot Designs and Meaning

Post by Jeanius » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:47 pm

I am becoming interested in this too. Different designs do have different meanings because the artist/ designer adds or removes or in some way changes elements through symbolism.

You will probably become comfortable with a particular deck but it might be interesting to use one you are less comfortable with: it might have messages for you that you are avoiding.

firetopaz

Post by firetopaz » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Some cards will feel more comfortable, You notice this?  I read with the Osho Zen tarot cards, cuz they feel right for me.  I also learned the way Rev suggested.  I would take one card a day and meditate on it, write what I felt, kept it in  a book.  Do you have any decks that you like more than  the others....for any reason?

lynnerj

different tarot decks

Post by lynnerj » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:43 pm

it can be confusing, but it depends if your working intuitively or from a 'book'.  the meanings are varied, but if your gift if true, the answers should be roughtly the same. why don't you try to read two sets of cards for someone and see if they come up with the same meaning?

Jeanius

Tarot Design and Meaning

Post by Jeanius » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Thanks for the responses. I am still just beginning to explore this. I looked at a few decks in the few shops that sell them in the area where I live but I can't say that the decks actually spoke to me.

I am fascinated with the idea that though the different decks are all legitimate because they reflect transformation and new insights that somehow, like shells on the beach, one set will actually speak to one.

Shaz

Tarot design

Post by Shaz » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:32 am

Years ago a neighbour approached me and gave me a set of Tarot cards and said they were meant for me. To my surprise when I laid the cards out for myslf and friends they told me stories which I could impart to them, some-one borrowed my cards and went on a retreat with them, the cards never came back and no other pack has felt as comfortable as that one did, and I have never seen another like it and have no idea the name of the pack ( the search is still on) my friends have not understood that the cards they supplied for their reading did not speak to me and would have to  try use the meanings only in context of position, and rather decided not to do readings 'cos they were no longer fun. Hence I now use MB's and am happy with their interpretation. Everything should flow.....

Return to “Tarot”