Reading for others.

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

aparajita

Reading for others.

Post by aparajita » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:41 am

When doing a reading for others do you let the other person shuffle the cards or do you do it yourself ?
Beginner in Tarot reading

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:50 am

A Tarot reading are an interplay between cards and the player.

It is said that you shall treat your card in a special way so your energies get into them, and their into you.

You shall keep them in cloth and have them in a secure place.

Let me then ask you.....who should shuffle?....who's energies shall transform the question into the cards?

When the card's are shuffled, then the seeker might be allowed to cut, but then "if we believe" the energies between Reader, and card, is establish for that reading.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Good question aparajita

I personally shuffle the cards myself and let the querent cut the deck into three piles.  I have had some rare situatons when at first glance the cards did not make sense to me or I got the same cards as someone else's reading (has happened twice) I reshuffled and then gave it to the querent to shuffle for themselves and cut for themselves

I STILL DO prefer to shuffle it myself and while doing so I ask the querent to concentrate on their issue/question. It has never let me down and all the time I have had cards which the querent resonated with.

Look at it this way: when we give remote readings on this site, the querent is not sitting in front of us and we only have a name and a description of their issue...... Well, I am grateful the cards have been insightful most, if not all, the time.

I strongly feel you should go with what you feel.

Rituals have no beginning and no end. I do my readings on my office desk and I do not use a velvet cover or anything of the sort. I would like to, but my interaction with the cards so far has not been distorted with the lack of those ritualistic phenomena.

If, on the other hand, you feel more in tune with rituals by ALL MEANS go ahead with them. It is how you interact with your cards and your intuitive side.

No rules my dear friend. Just follow your guide within.

My penny's worth on this topic :)

aparajita

Post by aparajita » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:33 am

Rhuto , Cedars Thank you for your responses.  You have helped me understand, as I would like to put it in a nutshell , its all about how we connect the query, the seeker, the reader and the cards together, as long as that is achieved the method is not so important.
Beginner in Tarot reading

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:11 am

Go for it Aparajita!
And, please, do not hestitate to raise any other issues and topics that you wish to discuss about.

Blessings.

Return to “Tarot”