Spreads

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

irish witch

Spreads

Post by irish witch » Wed May 13, 2009 11:02 am

Do you have a favourite spread?

Personally for me i like the 3 card spread x

irish witch

Spreads

Post by irish witch » Fri May 15, 2009 9:39 am

Surely you all have a favourite spread. Is there a particular one which you use more than others?

jembie

Post by jembie » Fri May 15, 2009 10:33 am

I currently use the 3 card past, present future spread because it is easier while I am getting a feel for the card again. I know that I used to use the Celtic cross spread though and would love to get to a point of confidence where I can go back to that.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sun May 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi again,

I started reading cards using the Celtic Cross, and virtually never deviate from it. But this is my personal choice. Three card spreads are great and when you become accomplished reading three card spreads, you can impart a lot of knowlege and wisdom from them.

I posted a "tutorial" in the Tarot reading forum, have a look and you may pick-up a few hints

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

aparajita

Post by aparajita » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:35 am

Most books and tutorials talk about the Cletic Cross and that is how I started using it. I would however like to expand myself to other spreads.
Beginner in Tarot reading

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:34 pm

There are hundreds and hundreds of other spreads around...... I, personally, do not communicate well with the Celtic Cross.
My relationship is getting better with it though of late, but for each kind of situation and cirucmstance, there are some very good spreads.

In fact, as a beginner, I would think the Celtic Cross must come across quite daunting. Dont you think so yourself?

aparajita

Post by aparajita » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:19 am

Yes Cedars , it is very difficult to remember each position , its implications and relationship with the rest of the cards. As I said, I just started with it because that is the one explained/used in most tutorials.  I would love to look at alternates, please share some resources where I could read up on different spreads.
As of now I look at a  spread, write it down in a notebook and interpret what each card means and write it down too , after which I relate cards and come up with the reading output based on what I have written down and what it means in the current context of the question.
Beginner in Tarot reading

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:16 am

You can try the three card spreads...... In fact, if I am not wrong, there is a whole section in here about three card spreads...

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=38645

Then there are numerous others... You can see these under the postings in the Tarot Reading forum and an extensive description of the Celtic Cross by Payewacker which I find very illuminating - much better than the one that comes with the guidebook in your tarot deck.

Enjoy...

Return to “Tarot”