Read your own cards

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

erdocswife

Read your own cards

Post by erdocswife » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:26 am

I am totally new to tarot and just beginning to learn - i have read that it takes 2 - 1 to cut and 1 to read but can't you do your own also ??

THX
De

Kaperuzita

Post by Kaperuzita » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi! Sure you can read the cards by your own. Just be careful and keep in mind that one tends to be biased when reading the cards to yourself. There is another topic that deals with this in more detail. Best of luck!  :)

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:23 pm

I don't cut the cards when reading for myself. It is nice though to get the seeker to cut the cards before the spread, make s them feel involved :)
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I've always cut the cards if I read for myself, then again, doing readings for myself? I don't always trust these, not that it is of-centre, but as mentioned, we tend to be bias.

Even so, I think every reader ventures into reading for themselves, no matter what, beleive what they want, and perhaps a lot later, reflecting on the reading finds that they may have interprited the cards in the way they think as best for themselves. When the other key words starts becoming clear, they may not like what was actuated at all!

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I've always cut the cards if I read for myself, then again, doing readings for myself? I don't always trust these, not that it is of-centre, but as mentioned, we tend to be bias.

Even so, I think every reader ventures into reading for themselves, no matter what, beleive what they want, and perhaps a lot later, reflecting on the reading finds that they may have interprited the cards in the way they think as best for themselves. When the other key words starts becoming clear, they may not like what was actuated at all!

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

Return to “Tarot”