Tarot readings tending to be negative??

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I have ot really followed this thread completely.

Regarding negative readings, I have been reading cards, and the cards directly point to situations and influences in a person's life. We find bad, but good as well.

When a reader exposes the querant to, a negative spread and offer a "remedy" obviuosly, they are out to make a quick buck. These are the readers that create a perception to a querant in order to make money and nothing else.

These are also readers that don't make money, live on a shoestring and the negative influence they experience is what is seen in the cards. When a reader attain a higher "enlightenment" the cards they read is how things are. These readers build a solid foundation of clients, expanding everyday, because the querant's word of mouth is the best advertisement.

I have had my sets of very bad cards, or readings, leaving me, weak and drained, but even so, there is always good in everything bad. In that sense, a reader should then--point-out the negative, but also give advice to avoid falling in the trap. For me, it's very simple, WHENEVER YOU LOOK INTO THE FUTURE, IT CHANGES, BECAUSE YOU LOOKED!! Therefore the events changes, the attitude and actions of the querant changes and in itself, everything changes.

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

lemonpip

Post by lemonpip » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:05 pm

aloooo,

es tranquila, son for lemonpip--ees say, bad card, reeda a tingting, must catch stone for head in hand card say good card say bad, u say good u say bad. you tink all is ok, byt fan and pawpaw, gives spotas, so spots is bad, life is bad. shame. you only tel gud, you talk to lie. talk trut. tell what tu du and guy ees ok.

sunliht
The truth can hurt!!!!!!!!

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:22 pm

Negativity in readings...

First of all there's always that fear when querying something that hopes/desires/wishes will be in vain. People wouldn't be querying if there were no desire to know more involved. And this anguish will be somehow reflected in the cards. Others have commented on it, and I once experienced it in an extreme form which was quite funny. I remember once how I was doing a spread for myself after I came home from a night out and I was more than tipsy. And when I looked at the spread, it was such an incomprehensible gathering of mumbo jumbo cards that made no sense to the query... as a whole it said "you're drunk and don't make any sense!"

There are a few outspoken negative cards (9 of swords comes to mind, and in a Crowley deck the 7 of cups), but most carry the painful experience combined with the positive opportunity/lesson you can get out of it. For this reason I myself do not use 'reverse' cards in my readings. Booklets try to say 'bad card' for the query and the up and reversal of cards seem to go deeper into that black/white system. I prefer to lay spreads that keep options open.

And then so much depends on the position. Maybe they are in the fear/hope, past (to let go), or foundation (as a lesson already learned).

When doing a reading for myself or others I always try to think of a spread more as 'to understand the situation' rather than purely the outcome. And certainly when it becomes clear that an attitude or mindset of the person hirself causes a 'negative' outcome, I turn the Celtic Wheel cards 4 times... I'll move the foundation card into the past, the past into the upper one, the upper to the future, the future to the foundation, and so on, until they are back in the original position and explain how these 4 interact. In most readings this turning will reveal a pattern and a way out of the pattern. And positively give the person an insight into themselves and their situation to empower themselves to alter things.  

For my own readings, whether I see positive or negative myself, when it's an important query, I will seek a second opinion.
Life is like a rose. The most beautiful ones have large thorns. You only need the courage to grab for them.

Return to “Tarot”