Tarot Chat

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Cascade of Light

Tarot Chat

Post by Cascade of Light » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Shame there isn't a chat room or we could all be chatting happily about our cards!  Lol

Cassie x
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:44 pm

:smt003 How right! We are nevertheless quite nimble with our fingers in all the buttons at once. As soon as I finish answering a post, a new mail comes to tell me there is a new one awaiting elsewhere  :smt002
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:04 pm

Yep you just snipped me to the post replying to Isabel lol :)
Cas x

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:46 pm

:) How are you doing, Cedars? There are lots of queries with your name on it at the Reading forum: they like to keep you quite busy.

Btw, how is your course going? Does it keep you very busy too? Is it interesting? It sounded good when you talked about it. Hope you are learning lots of useful techniques: shame you can't practice on us here at the forum!  :smt002

Anyway, I thought we could use this thread Cassie started just to say hello once in a while.

Cheers!  :)

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:49 am

Yep :) Good idea :)   I had some time this morning but not many open requests around.  

Which decks are you all using today?

Cassie
Cas x

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:10 pm

:) I am glad there aren't too many querents at the moment, and more readers than usual, since my weekends are quite busy with work. My mini rider is parked for a few days now.

I have noticed that many querents get impatient if their question is not answered at once -or earlier  :smt003 - and, even though they are eventually given an answer, I wonder if they even bother coming back to read it, much less give a little feedback on the answer. But we are forewarned about this in the reader's guidelines, so...

Cedars is a featured reader of the forum, he is really kind and keen, and has been reading virtually alone for many months, so it's not surprising people ask for him by name. But I was surprised to learn some readers have been getting requests through PMs. Not only does it put more pressure on them than would be desirable, but the request goes out to several at once. If they all answer, then one very impatient person is getting several answers while others have to be kept waiting.

It occurs to me that it's possible for two readers to answer the same question more or less in unison without each knowing about the other's answer -since a reading takes so long to post-, so that one seeker gets two answers in the same thread. That could happen by chance and nobody the worse for it. But to ask for several readings on several forums or from several readers at once is a bit too much. And this could be well avoided if everyone bothered to read the forum's guidelines before posting a thing, but I guess it's too much to ask for.

Ianna Leane was complaining a bit in the general forum about these 'day flowers' that come, peck and leave. This has always been a part of this web and some light curiosity is to be expected. The guidelines for readers talk about it as well and leave it up to us to give a reading to someone whose first post is a request.

What I don't much like are those whose first and only 10 to 20 posts are various requests for readings in all forums possible. I wonder what they do with all that information?  :smt017 I also worry about all the people who seem to have a serious hangup on any kind of readings, either from this web or wherever they can get one: half their waking lives are absorbed by this whole thing and I sometimes feel bad to be somehow contributing to their dependency. Of course, it's not easy to know with people who are new to the board, so I like to take my chances that my reading will be of some help rather than the opposite.

What do you all think?  :smt083

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:30 pm

..mini rider parked... lol I thought you had a moped bike and it was broken, then I saw the light lol and Mini Rider Doh!   I have been working with the Legacy for  while now but will soon have to pick up my other decks lol.

Now your post is spot on! It is strange too that I get the feeling that the requestors on the Psychic Reading board expect more and are actually more demanding? There is something very grounding, relaxing and laid back about asking for a Tarot reading and getting the deck, the cards and so on, as if it can be checked?

Cassie
Cas x

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi Pirbid,

I think you need to consider the number of readers we really have at this stage. If you can remeber and think back, we used to have a great many more than now.

I have unfortunately been one of the readers targeted for readings on PMs, and I agree with you regarding the answers and or readings given. That is something which we truly can't control. There was a querant that posted his request on every conceivable forum available. Fortunately Rhuto stepped in and blocked his spaming.

As for a number of readings given by pm to a single querant, will not neccesarily be contradictory to each other, "card" wise, but perhaps in the way the interpritation is transferred.

I by no means oppose your statement regarding the "multi" reading. It's not good for anyone. And fortunately will truly screw the querant. In this sense, i don't want to say, that the querant should or must be screwed, but in the end, that person will sit with more questions than answers.

One thing which is also a problem, is that one person may register under different names, pose differint questions and get different replies.

In having this "multi" reading thing, eventually the querant will realise his or her mistake. and then ask for a reading on the public forum. Which in itself has now become a snowball of ignorance and confusion. Shame, if the querant is a Fool, then they need to consider, that now, they will return to Zero and try with great effort to rectify a situation with the multi-purpose spare-parts they received.

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:03 pm

I am sorry I have missed all the above postings in this thread.

Pirbid: my course is going well; too much paperwork though... I need models to practise on :) shame you are all too far away.

Payewacker and Cascade; I share both your feelings and comments (and yours too Pirbid) about readers and requests. I do find some requests are outright rude, especially when they are new members and it is expected of us to be calm and compassionate? I don't buy that any more; sorry. Sometimes querents think of us as prophets or gods to be able to give them every answer that they can possibly think of.

As for multi-reading requests, the jury is out on that one if you ask me. It is a site rule not to request multi-readings, but then again, readers go by their intuition. I have had one or two cases where multi readings were given inadvertently and praise spirit, that they were both in line - no contradiction. Can you imagine what if there was a contradiction?

I dare not think.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:28 pm

:) Readers in this forum are GOOD. I trust them implicitly and I hardly think a real contradiction would arise. It's probably more a question of each touching on different aspects of the seeker's life. Maybe you are right, PW, last year there were a few more readers around. But, hey, more are coming!

Still, there are things we cannot control, like people registering under different names. And many requests are phony, just trying to get 'points' for the downloads or something.

I'm really sorry you got pestered through PMs. If I got a PM request, I would still answer in public, I think. After all, the real point is that others may also see and learn or disagree or whatever. And it also gives other readers a chance to track how many readings a certain person gets.

Glad your course is going fine, Cedars. And really sorry I cannot volunteer to be one of your subjects. Well, I do volunteer, but... Ah, our islands lie too far away from each other, I'm afraid  :smt002

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 pm

Bless you Pirbid :)

But there is one thing I can still do for you should the need arise. I can still send you distant Reiki healing.

Hugs.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:36 pm

:) Anything you can spare will always be welcome. I never got past the 2nd Reiki degree myself and I confess I hardly ever find the time to use it. In fact, I hardly find the time for anything. But it's great to relax around here with you guys.

Hugs!  :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:38 pm

You've done the important part in Reiki Pirbid, but I do know what you mean when you dont practise it.

Return to “Tarot”