the moon, the devil, two of cups in my reading.

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

pheonix11

the moon, the devil, two of cups in my reading.

Post by pheonix11 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:37 am

hi, i was wondering if anyone could tell me what that means... for past i got the moon, for present the devil, for future the two of cups... it seems to make sense for my life on a basic level but was wondering if anyone can dig deeper on the meaning and positions?...

j_marie_89

Post by j_marie_89 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:34 pm

were you thinking of anything in particular, did you have a question in mind when you did the reading?

George

Re: the moon, the devil, two of cups in my reading.

Post by George » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:36 pm

pheonix11 wrote:hi, i was wondering if anyone could tell me what that means... for past i got the moon, for present the devil, for future the two of cups... it seems to make sense for my life on a basic level but was wondering if anyone can dig deeper on the meaning and positions?...
let me add to j_marie_89 questions about your spread! what deck are you using?  and to repeat J_marie_89 what did you ask of the cards when you did your spread?  my quess by your question to the forum and the cards it has something to do with unknown truths, lovers with conflict and a couple that might heal itself.   :smt002
actually to help you more with these meanigns and learning from the spread what do you think it all means?
:smt006

pheonix11

Post by pheonix11 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:34 am

hi! i know this doesn't help but i can't remember what deck it was, i think it was a mix of the major and minor arcana... i asked a pretty general question of my life and love path, which to me is one and the same. i was really curious because on a basic level these cards seemed to explain it all y'know. so i wanted to dig deeper, what does it mean that in my past it was the moon, my present is the devil, and my future will be two of cups? i general i live pretty hard but i am single... so would i find peace of mind in a relationship?

pheonix11

Post by pheonix11 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:36 am

is that healthy?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Having a mixture of major and minor arcana cards in a reading says nothing about the deck you are using.... dont you know the name of the deck you are working with?
Your life path asking with just three cards, do you think that would sum it up all? Three cards showing your whole life path? The nearest you are going to get in a reading of this kind is the next three - six months, let alone your 'life path'. And why would you want to know the past as part of your life path; you should already know your past and present, dont you?

From my prerspective of the Rider Waite deck which I use, I would say the Present is all about excesses, physical/material pleasure and somewhat of a dependence on these things, which if not careful, could lead to an addiction and entrapment of some sort. The Future is a union or a partnerhisp (or even a re-union) with someone on either romantic grounds or a new friendship or association whether platonic or even a business partnership. Cups belong to the element of Water and as such affect our emotional life and that should not always be confused with love and romance, although the Two of Cups is mainly regarded that way. In my experience, it can also mean close friendships but not necessarily romance. I suppose you will have to wait and see. :)

Best wishes.

George

Post by George » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:34 pm

pheonix11 wrote:hi! i know this doesn't help but i can't remember what deck it was, i think it was a mix of the major and minor arcana... i asked a pretty general question of my life and love path, which to me is one and the same. i was really curious because on a basic level these cards seemed to explain it all y'know. so i wanted to dig deeper, what does it mean that in my past it was the moon, my present is the devil, and my future will be two of cups? i general i live pretty hard but i am single... so would i find peace of mind in a relationship?
i'll do my best to answer you in away you can see what the your spread might be saying.  I can not "dig deeper" because this was your spread, your cards, and your questions.  You also hint that you ask more then one question for a simple three card spread.  Redo you spread and use 6,9, and/or etc more cards to give your more depth to your own readings.  That might help you more then how i would read your cards and your spread.

but i will do this because i know what it is like to be new for you in reading the cards. i use the Orignal Rider Waite deck and i actually offered you a hint of what the cards meant in my last post.  :smt002
btw you have 2 majors and 1 minor in your spread.  the two majors are The Moon and The Devil and the II of Cups is the minor card of the 3.
the moon is the Past shows hidden things from you or in other words things you don't know or understand as of yet.  The Devil in the Present shows lovers chained to one another by a ring that the Devil sits on.  that is conflict in this case for you now with realtionships.  now for the Past the II of Cups shows a couple trying to come together and heal.  in your case healing you must do within yourself because of the Moon is the subconscience and the Devil realtionship card too along with the II of Cups. you need to work on healing the realtionship that you can't keep together. which means you have to work on yourself and learn from the past and present to go into the future.

okay, it could all mean but as i said i didn't read the spread for you and i don't know the cards.
good luck with all!   :smt006

pheonix11

Post by pheonix11 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:12 am

sorry i couldn't give more information, but thank you for giving me your point of view and insights. i just thought getting that card combo was insane and so true to life i had to ask the experts! and i just found out from this site that my birth cards are the devil and lovers... http://www.tarotschool.com/Devil_Lovers.html

Angel Ariel

Post by Angel Ariel » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:33 pm

The moon is the card of uncertantiy and fear. Right now, lets focus on the fear aspect. The devil is about addictions, bondage, and the trappings that we allow ourselves to remain in out of fear. The two of cups is of course the card of attraction, and new love. So synthesizing the informaiton, as well as intuition, i feel like you are attracting people based upon a fear and insecurity within yourself, which i feel will limit you in the quality of your relationships. The devil, is the bondage to your own thoughts of waht a relationship should be, as well as your fear of the unknown (hence the moon). Try positive affirmations about yourself, as well as letting go of past experiences that may have caused this fear. All because it happened, doesnt mean it will happen again. Be brave :)

Return to “Tarot”