Looking for a spiritual readers advice

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

ThePhilosophyof9

Looking for a spiritual readers advice

Post by ThePhilosophyof9 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:28 am

I am not usually one to search outside myself for answers in most matters and especially not in such personable ones as tarot readings but it is advised that one should question and one should perform a divination to you.  I personally don't like do this because I am very much in the belief that my cards represent my energy and I like to keep it that way. haha

So anyway, I can't seem to secure a mindset as to the reading of my cards.

I did four readings over the past two days that were all related although not the same question.

I am young and in the process of writing a book.  It is hard to set off on a career that takes such an expansive amount of time to start when I'm at such a critical point in my life.  To say the least, I find myself questioning my position and purpose in the universe quite often, fearing that I'm wasting time or that I need to reassure myself.
I had written a poem a year or so ago about my "shadow-self" if you will where I said that I was "composed of 10,000 lies and 1 truth."
So, upon doing my Celtic Cross reading, I asked of "10,000 lies what is the truth?"
My reading>>
1. The Sun XIX
2. VI of Pentacles
3. Ace of Cups
4. VIII of Pentacles
5. II of Pentacles
6. III of Wands
7. III of Cups
8. IV of Cups
9. Queen of Swords
10. King of Cups

I felt like this reading made a lot of sense to me and hit me on a deep personal string.  The King of Cups (from descriptions on various sites) sounded a lot like me.

So anyway... I have a personal association with Dragons (Chinese symbolism) too and have set a future representation of myself as the white dragon.  My last girlfriend told me I was snake, although most of her logic was falling towards the archetype "serpent", and I find myself in constant association with evolution, the Ouroboros, and "molting" or changing of skin.  I was raised in a orthodox Christian home and became increasingly aware of the negative connotation attached to western dragons as I researched it (recently).  I do not consider myself to be Christian in the religious sense but I do have a extreme yearning to understand the true Jesus (I told people that I talked to him every night when I was a child) as I've always been connected with him in one way or another.  So, I feared, in my extreme relation to the metaphor of a snake, dragon, serpent that I was in some type of fate locked to spiritual depravity.  After having secured my understanding of the last reading, I wished to see if this personage would mislead me in anyway.
So I asked... What is the fate of the white dragon?

1. King of Pentacles
2. The Hierophant
3. The Emporer
4. Page of Pentacles
5. Queen of Swords (Reversed)
6. IX of Pentacles
7. The Empress
8. The Moon
9. The Chariot
10. The Tower

Now the tower as a final result sent an immediate "Ah" through my brain but I've tried to interpret it as the splitting of dualism, removal of falsified ego, or the awakening of the kundalini.  I practice meditation and I thought the awakening of the energy snake fit right with the nature of my question.

I could not see if this fate was something that resonated to me.  I felt unsure of myself and my associations and sought to hit more on the source of who I am.  I was having a minor identity crisis if it could even be called that and felt the need to final ask the straight forward question of...

Who am I and what is my role in the coming age?

1. VI of Swords
2. Page of Wands
3. III of Pentacles
4. Distant Past
5. Knight of Swords
6. Ace of Wands
7. VII of Cups
8. The Moon
9. VII of Wands
10. The Tower

No doubt I was surprised of getting the tower again.  I'll also add that I know I have an direct connection with the moon although I have never truly understood it.  So I was assured that regardless of anything, I was on my way to an awakening (I have been seeking this out for many months).

So I asked tonight....  How should I go about causing, or should I say fostering as best I can, my awakening?

This reading troubles me and I asked if anyone could give me a helpful bit of guidance or advice...

1. X of Swords
2. III of Wands (Reversed)
3. Death
4. Ace of Pentacles
5. The Hermit
6. IV of Swords
7. Strength
8. King of Pentacles
9. Knight of Cups
10. VI of Wands (Reversed)

Thank you and blessings to you~!

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:18 am

Hi,

It is highly unlikely that you would get assistance to interpret these spreads from an experienced Tarotist.

You have unfortunately made critical errors in doing them! Doing so many spreads in such a short period no,no, never works. Dooing a reading for yourself is in itself questionable due to you being biased and "looking for what you want to see" as apposed to hard facts.

The CC is a spread used by most readers as it gives the most information. , if you have a good understanding how everything fits together you can extract whatever you want to know, from one lay.

If you want to read Tarot, using the CC, it is essential that you make the choice, and only use the CC, until you have mastered it. Then you can start expanding, but that is only "if you want". Normally, once you use the CC and master it, you will hardly want to do other spreads. This is a choice I made when I started and never used others as a means to read the Cards.

I have compiled discussions on the CC's houses, placement and a "tutorial", you can download and study.

Follow this link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5yuZl ... c3NmNiMDcy

If you wish to do an expansive study of the CC, we can discuss the positions and placement. I will give you the links to every discussion, also hosted on Google, which you can download.

Blessed be.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:49 am

I saw this thread and could not believe the four readings that you have done for yourself and on top of that, the complex Celtic Cross.
My simple advice is: if you dont know how to read such a complex spread, then you should stick to simple ones. And by no means do SEVERAL readings for yourself.

Unlike my good friend Payewacker, I do not like the Celtic Cross spread despite the fact it is in every tarot book. That is not the point here though; you have now only confused yourself by these four readings for and, like PW, I doubt you will find anyone here interpreting them for you.

Best wishes.

ThePhilosophyof9

Post by ThePhilosophyof9 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Thank you guys for your advice.  The tarot intrigues me on so many levels because of the literary and artistic brilliance of it.  I think I became a little headstrong the past week after I had gone weeks without looking at my cards but thinking on them constantly.  I had used an druid oracle that basically spoke to me looking too hard for answers from other things in my extreme effort for realization of my goals.  You'll get upstream not by fighting the current but by utilizing knowledge of the reverse current.

I see that even more so now looking back at my question for how to bring about an enlightenment.  I guess when you try hard you really do die hard.  So, I'm going to hesitate the urge to do this again.

I definitely think I should hone my knowledge with less abstract reads as well, until I'm ready.  I will use the information you presented me and thank you both very much for the response.

Love and peace to you

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:47 pm

You are more than welcome.
Please do not hestitate to ask questions and one of us or all of us will be happy to help within the boundaries of our knowledge :)

George

Post by George » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:44 am

I saw your post the other day and wanted to responded but found my head swimming by all the info in it and on your website.  i was really glad to see the old favorites responding to your post.  also glad you were so open to what they had to say.  
i wasn't even going to try to figure it all out because i don't think i could. ;)  ( plus i have had a very bad couple of weeks to go to deep)
i was more impressed at your age and reading the Tarot and sure sounds like you are having fun with it.
when i first started to read tarot i did the Celtic Cross and found i need something simplier especially sense i was still learning the meanings and how to read the cards. (always learning by the way) ;)
i hope to see your around!
:smt020

ThePhilosophyof9

Post by ThePhilosophyof9 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Thank you for taking interest!
Also, thanks for checking out my site (I'm using a lot of my tarot inspiration to help with the poetry book I'm writing)

I purchased a copy of Numerology and the Divine Triangle about six months ago and it completely changed my outlook and focus of interest in life.  It relies heavily upon Tarot symbolism and after seeing the "archetypal" nature (as described by Jung) and artistic beauty of them I had to see what it was all about.

It is definitely a learn process; I've really come to realize this after seeing how many different interpretations there can be for any single card.

I'm sorry to hear about the bad weeks you've been having.  Winter in itself can be depressing for some and stressful for most!

This may be completely off topic but I thought I'd ask instead of opening up a new thread with a simple question...

Do any of you have an opinion about The Secret of the Tarot by Barbara Walker (if you have read it)?
I have been reading through it and although I have no idea what deck she uses (I use the Rider-Waite-Smith) the imagery and descriptions lead me toward very different interpretations of cards.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:52 am

Hi,

There are many, many books on Tarot and as many approaches and theories. You will actually start getting confused to read to many books!

The RW is what most Tarot readers use. The symbolism is clear and if you have an understanding of it's link into Freemasonsonry and the Egyptian influence, you will see, that using another deck may not be so good at all.

The Major arcanum is divided into 3 spheres of existence and is linked to the Kaballah;
1-9 (Magician to Hermit)--Archetypal,
10-18 -- Existential,
and 19-27 -- Cosmic.

To fully understand it's complications, you need to study the kaballah and take the walk with numbers from 1-9 and it's upliftment from Archetypal into the other spheres.

I have compiled a doc describing the archetypal and links into Tarot.

Follow this link;
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZyu ... NzlyN254aw

Blessed be.

ThePhilosophyof9

Post by ThePhilosophyof9 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:11 am

Thank you very much for the information!  This will be extremely useful!

George

Post by George » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:23 pm

ThePhilosophyof9 wrote:Thank you for taking interest!
Also, thanks for checking out my site (I'm using a lot of my tarot inspiration to help with the poetry book I'm writing)

I purchased a copy of Numerology and the Divine Triangle about six months ago and it completely changed my outlook and focus of interest in life.  It relies heavily upon Tarot symbolism and after seeing the "archetypal" nature (as described by Jung) and artistic beauty of them I had to see what it was all about.

It is definitely a learn process; I've really come to realize this after seeing how many different interpretations there can be for any single card.

I'm sorry to hear about the bad weeks you've been having.  Winter in itself can be depressing for some and stressful for most!

This may be completely off topic but I thought I'd ask instead of opening up a new thread with a simple question...

Do any of you have an opinion about The Secret of the Tarot by Barbara Walker (if you have read it)?
I have been reading through it and although I have no idea what deck she uses (I use the Rider-Waite-Smith) the imagery and descriptions lead me toward very different interpretations of cards.
the bad weeks came to a head and ended in my favour so all is good. i don't really ever find winter depressing... i actually love the snow and the cold save the cost it takes to keep the house warm and driving in heavy snow to work.    
yes, tons of "different interpretations" and use can have different ones with different readings. it all depends on the questions and others cards surrounding them.  it can be mind numbing but fun at the sametime.
nope, never read the books you've mentioned.

TarotModerator

Post by TarotModerator » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi,

You need to learn the basic principles of Tarot from those who shaped the "modern" Tarot. In this we can recommend only one author, and that is AE Waite. Find the free downloadable pdf of the Pictorial Key to the Tarot and use it to guide you.

Although I have some theories which may be "questioned", most are derived within the framework of RW and it's symbolism.

Blessed be.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:10 pm

I agree with the Mod.
Base your 'study' of the tarot on the RW deck and from ther you can derive to other decks...
So far, no other deck has drawn me closer to it..... so,watch this space.....

ThePhilosophyof9

Post by ThePhilosophyof9 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:10 am

Thank you for the Pdf suggestion!  You all have been extremely helpful thank you thank you  :)

TarotModerator

Post by TarotModerator » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Have I had a sudden ID crisis?

Return to “Tarot”