Artist Career reading

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

druggedoncolor

Artist Career reading

Post by druggedoncolor » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:29 am

So I'm expected to graduate from college in may and decided to do a reading for advice in my career as an artist/designer.

Three aspect cards; with positions.

What do I need to focus on

Two of Wands

What skill do I need to work on

Two of Swords Reversed

The inspiration I need to find/look to

Ten of Swords

MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

I see the two of wands as a wait card, one is actively waiting... but for what? What do I need to focus on that makes me wait so actively? Could it be some kind of creative partnership or project that is ahead of me? Something that has to do with balance, etc. This is for after graduation, so perhaps life will balance out for awhile!

Skill as two of swords; deepening relationships, partnerships, friendships, etc?

Ten of Swords... I found this interesting for inspiration and I found this interpretation from another tarot forum and I thought it was quite interesting:
10-Swords is the completion or end of a cycle as all 10's are. As a minor card, it gives details or another part of the story of the journey of The Fool. On one level: in order for a new beginning, the old way of thinking, attitudes or life have to be discarded. On another: the old self has to die before the new self can emerge; hence, the "dead person". The hand sign hints at "rebirth"; life after death; the phoenix because it refers to the active principle or movement.

According to Papus in "The Tarot of the Bohemians", the Pope (5The Hierophant) is "making the sign of Esoterism". I think Papus (a pen name the author used) was a member of the Golden Dawn, an occultist as was Waite, Crowley & others. Elsewhere in the book, he states the position of the hands "[correspond] with the two columns Jakin & Bohas [boaz] of the temple of Solomon & of Freemasonry."
I've been churning over the idea of joining an esoteric order such as the Golden Dawn, but wasn't too sure until this card came up. Perhaps that's what it is suggesting I do?

Any other insight would be very helpful!
Thanks!

TarotModerator

Post by TarotModerator » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:22 am

Hi,

I can't make any comments on the cards or interretation. Follow the links below to shiort discussions on the two's and Beth.

Discussion on the two's
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZyu ... 3I3NDduajI

Discussion on Beth
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZyu ... ZmNmcXZnbg

When you look at the numbers, NINE is the actual "end" or completion. Ten indicates attainment and start to a new cycle, but on a higher plane. This also links to numerology.

On ten of Swords you can see a sunrise peeping out from all the "troubled" waters etc.
Last edited by TarotModerator on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

druggedoncolor

Post by druggedoncolor » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:25 am

TarotModerator wrote:Hi,

I can't make any comments on the cards or interretation. Follow the links below to shiort discussions on the two's and Beth.

Discussion on the two's
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZyu ... 3I3NDduajI

Discussion on Beth
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZyu ... ZmNmcXZnbg

When you look at the numbers, NINE is the actual "end" or completion. Ten indicates attainment and start to a new cycle, but on a higher plane. This also links to numerology.

On ten of Swords you can see a sunrise peeping out from all the "troubled" waters etc.
Thanks! I never realized that 2 was Beth. That's kind of interesting because I go to college in Bethlehem, Pa. Perhaps that's some kind of synchronicity.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 am

Hi, :smt003

We are countrymen, stay in Polokwane.

:smt006

druggedoncolor

Post by druggedoncolor » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:48 am

Payewacker wrote:Hi, :smt003

We are countrymen, stay in Polokwane.

:smt006
Hi?  :smt006

I'm confused by your post...

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:39 am

There is a bethlehem in rsa, we in rsa

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:39 am

There is Bethlehem in Jerusalem too..:)

druggedoncolor

Post by druggedoncolor » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:07 pm

I'm in Pennsylvania.

Anyone have any insights on the reading though?

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:03 am

:smt017

OOPS BLOND MOMENT!!!!

Return to “Tarot”