Help with understanding the card I got?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Libreo

Help with understanding the card I got?

Post by Libreo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Okay, I asked the question "should I continue my journey of becoming a vet, or should I follow my dream and be a musician?" I asked this question and got the Eight of Pentactes REVERSED. I looked up the meaning to eight of pentacles reversed, and this is some of what I found: "wasting resources, a poor effort, cheating, leaving education prematurely, lacking ambition or focus. What guidance are my cards trying to give me? That I should think this through carefully, in case I make the wrong decision? Or is it directly giving me the answer- I should drop out of college and become a musician? [/i]

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:58 am

Cards would not tell you black and white , bang, bang, bang....
What happened to your own gut feeling?

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi,

Yes as Cedars said the cards won't tell you what to do, but I think the message is fairly clear!!! Leaving education prematurely?????

Perhaps become a singing vet, to calm the animals you will treat!

Blessed be.

Libreo

Post by Libreo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Payewacker wrote:Hi,

Yes as Cedars said the cards won't tell you what to do, but I think the message is fairly clear!!! Leaving education prematurely?????

Blessed be.
Lol loving the concept of a singing vet :)

The decision was sort of decided for me- I won't be allowed into college.

Leaving education prematurely= spooky?? Haha. But I can decide to try again next year. I don't know. I'll probably get a job and figure out what to do over the year. [/i]

Libreo

Post by Libreo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Libreo wrote:
Payewacker wrote:Hi,

Blessed be.
Lol loving the concept of a singing vet :)

The decision was sort of decided for me- I won't be allowed into college.

Leaving education prematurely= spooky?? Haha. But I can decide to try again next year. I don't know. I'll probably get a job and figure out what to do over the year.

Libreo

Post by Libreo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:27 pm

cedars wrote:Cards would not tell you black and white , bang, bang, bang....
What happened to your own gut feeling?
My own gut feeling.. well, I'm not sure. I'm really torn, I don't know what to do. It's really a matter of my heart vs. my head, only I don't know which decision is which... if that makes any sense at all, lol

Thanks for taking the time to reply by the way :)

druggedoncolor

Post by druggedoncolor » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Eight of Pentacles is an artist card for me and a musician is an artist. I would say no, for eight of pentacles reversed to becoming a musician. It seems like you aren't already a musician or have little experience in one (this card reversed suggests so). Becoming a veterinarian is not an artistry and could also symbolize 8/pents rx since you asked a doubled headed question "this or that?" it's saying stick to what you already know. Especially since becoming a musician will take years of practice and determination while veterinarian will take years of college and schooling it will most likely land you a job while a musician may not. Trust me, a lot of my friends went to school to jump start their music career and many of them end up working in another field.

Libreo

Post by Libreo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:28 am

druggedoncolor wrote:Eight of Pentacles is an artist card for me and a musician is an artist. I would say no, for eight of pentacles reversed to becoming a musician. It seems like you aren't already a musician or have little experience in one (this card reversed suggests so). Becoming a veterinarian is not an artistry and could also symbolize 8/pents rx since you asked a doubled headed question "this or that?" it's saying stick to what you already know. Especially since becoming a musician will take years of practice and determination while veterinarian will take years of college and schooling it will most likely land you a job while a musician may not. Trust me, a lot of my friends went to school to jump start their music career and many of them end up working in another field.
It doesn't matter anymore, since I wasn't allowed in college (for working with animals). I'm going to do what my cousins are doing, take up a course in performing arts and if I never make it as a musician then I'd be content with teaching what I know to others. It's fine, it's clear to me what I want to do now, so I can't ignore that :) I can't just not do something because there's a chance that I may fail.

Return to “Tarot”