Do you have tarot cards?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

George

Post by George » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:14 pm

skrapila22 wrote:Somebody once told me that you cannot buy your own tarot cards, that someone must give them to you or else they will not work... is that true?
no, it is not true.  :smt002  

i bought my own deck and they work fine and i'm sure most everyone here has bought their own.  although, i'm sure some may beleive and will not buy there own.  you will find nothing is set in stone when it comes to the tarot!    :smt006

sharpenup

Post by sharpenup » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:46 pm

I have a pack I bought last year .  The gilded Tarot
fro Ciro Marchetti.
Lovely cards but I also don't know what I'm doing with them.  I got so fastrated I put them away.  They come wtih their own silk bag and I did have a rose stone in the bag.  I have always stored them in the box they came in.  I am hoping that i will be able to work out how to use them from this site.

:)

silense

Do you have tarot cards?

Post by silense » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:08 pm

When I was 12 I first started reading cards with just a regular deck of playing cards, when I bought my first set 15 years ago, I bought a special box to store them in & some beautiful purple satin to wrap them in. I have always bought my own cards & try not to let people touch them as much as possible.

Aeryn

Post by Aeryn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:37 am

I have my deck in a black velvet bag.  I still have them in the box as well.  Is there a special way one should keep them?  I am new at this so please excuse my simple questions.

CrazyItalian

My Crazy Deck

Post by CrazyItalian » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:18 pm

I Bought My Deck Over 3 years ago and had a lot of good reading   if i keep them in a well lit area
i had a Bad readings when the deck was in poor lighted area

Rhyena

Post by Rhyena » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:57 pm

I have about 10 decks. I collect them. I'm in love with the art work on some, others just kind of called to me. I am only learning to use 2 of the decks. I love them!

gus_0919

Post by gus_0919 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:26 pm

I always purified my decks with incense when i buy them. I have 2 roght now. and I keep them in a silk pouch and wrapped in 2 layers of towels. I guess I really am that overprotective.

Tidus

Post by Tidus » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:03 pm

skrapila22 wrote:Somebody once told me that you cannot buy your own tarot cards, that someone must give them to you or else they will not work... is that true?
In my humble opinion, I'd say that that is bunkem.  Mainly because I was under the impression that for best results, a reader should choose the deck they're most drawn to, than a deck chosen at random.

sk2006

Post by sk2006 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:55 pm

I have a deck. I got them when I was about 18. I always just used what the book said when I drew a card. They were always surprisingly accurate. I would usually draw one card for myself or if someone else wanted a reading, I would let them shuffle the deck themselves, then I would draw the cards for them. I think maybe my energy combined with theirs would make the right cards be chosen. After I broke up with my boyfriend at the time, I found my cards did not work right anymore...like there was negative energy left on them from him touching them. It took many years before those cards became accurate again. Weird right?

Phoenix1985

whell

Post by Phoenix1985 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:50 am

When i am not using my cards i have a hand stictched silk poutch that i keep them in.  I also have this hand carved box that my dad made for me when i was very young.  It is made from pine and has a silk lining.  I have a very strong emotional bond with that box now that my dad has passed so that is where i keep my cards.

lightemerging

decks

Post by lightemerging » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:18 pm

Im really bad, i have them everywhere in my house!  some in special bags, some in their original boxes, some loose on the coffee table as a community deck for fun and meditation for guests.  my fave deck is on my bedside table in a carved wood box, and only i use them....

spinbren

Post by spinbren » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:12 pm

I'm a dressmaker and I make the most beautiful velvet pouches for my cards. They come in the most lustrous, luxurious shades of violet, navy, forest green, brown, silver, burgundy and gold. All the pouches have either gold or silver braiding on them and they look absolutely exquisite. I've made 3 different ones for each of my sets of cards and get heaps of comments when I show them to people. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll take some photos of the pouches to show you.

Brenda.

daftcow

Post by daftcow » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:15 pm

hi i have serval decks some i keep in boxs i have 1 deck out all the time some people say you should keep than in slik bags i also have proctection stones with some of my decks i'm 1 of those all over the place people that never keep things in order but what i do sometimes is clease my decks by burning sage and passing it over than .

sophielee

Post by sophielee » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:56 am

I have made silk lined velvet bags for 5 of my 7 decks. The others are in their boxes, I will get around to making the others at some time in the near future .........I hope!        :smt003

MySpirit1111

Do you have tarot cards?

Post by MySpirit1111 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:23 am

At first, I bought a box which was handmade with the Hermit on the lid.  I'd wrap the deck in a silk scarf and keep it in the box when not in use.  But I have since gotten away from that and now just keep the deck in a handy drawer.

MySpirit1111

Return to “Tarot”