Are these cards okay to learn with?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

4everakid

Are these cards okay to learn with?

Post by 4everakid » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:37 am

Receiced way back when cards from an ex,(well he never gave them as a present, he loaned them, and after we broke up I failed to return them..somewhat out of malice due to nature of breakup...now this is going back over 10years).  I recently rediscovered the cards going through old things and would  love to learn Tarot, but I am a little concerned about 'maybe if the cards are bad karmically'??? Does that sound crazy?

Anyway, any advice would be great....thanks :)

Sunshine & Smiles

4everakid

reichild

Post by reichild » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:37 am

IMO if you are wondering about it...then your intuition is telling you something. Perhaps the reason you found them again is because it is time to "cut old ties" e.g: mail them back to him or similar.

Can you possibly buy a new/secondhand pack? Or maybe let family know this would be a great gift if they are looking for something to get you?  :smt002

At least this way they will always be yours and not a memory that (perhaps) you would rather not recall each time you feel the energy from them

Saldaba6

Post by Saldaba6 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:24 pm

I feel that the cards were "found" because it is time for you to pick them up and start using them. In my opinion, they were not lost to begin with, they were just waiting until the time was right for you to accept them:)

4everakid

Thanx :)

Post by 4everakid » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:14 am

Thank you Reichild and Saldaba6 :)  You both have provided with interesting perspectives and something to think about.  Although I initially felt the same as Saldaba6, Reichild you have also given me something to ponder.  I guess it comes down to doing what will feel right :)  

Thanks again,

Sunshine & Smiles
4everakid

richard brantley

the witches tarot

Post by richard brantley » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:33 am

i'm new to all of this so i would like to get some input from a more knowlegable person. please  someone enlighten me

MySpirit1111

The Witches Tarot

Post by MySpirit1111 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:20 am

I've been reading Tarot for over 10 years now.  At one time I used the Witches Tarot.  It is a very beautiful deck.  However, they are somewhat limiting in the info they show.  The Ryder-Waite deck has the most symbols, which can help the reader to see the meanings and it's one of the easiest to learn Tarot with.  It's also the deck used by the MB software.  

The bottom line is it's up to the individual as to which deck they want to use.  I do suggest, however, if you get any deck that you also get the book that accompanies that particular deck, for the reason that the definitions in that book will help to see the meanings of the particular cards in that deck.  But you can also get just about any book to teach you to read Tarot that you want, but the meanings from a book other than the book accompanying the deck will be different at least somewhat.

Hope this helps,

MySpirit1111

MySpirit1111

Post by MySpirit1111 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:42 am

The theory is that the cards, like any other object, has a mind of its own and will disappear sometimes and then reappear when needed.

In the above scenerio where the cards didn't belong to that person, but were loaned and not returned, some people would say that's bad Karma being created by stealing the deck or at least not returning it.  

I feel a person can learn Tarot with any deck and under any circumstance.  But I also feel it's easier to learn if you start out with your very own deck and get your own energy into that deck, more or less become one with the deck.

Hope this helps,

MySpirit1111

Return to “Tarot”