Computerized Readings?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Nimisha

Computerized Readings?

Post by Nimisha » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:35 pm

Something Eaglewoman said about the personal connection with Tarot readings got me wondering...what does everyone think of computerized Tarot readings? There are many sites on the web that give free readings this way...and some of them offer a wide variety of readings. Some you are supposed to type out your question, some just think about it. Some you draw cards by clicking your mouse on the deck, and others do it all for you. But I doubt the validity of such readings. Isn't that a bit too random? I would be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Deborah

cards / online in a deck

Post by Deborah » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:31 am

http://www.MysticBoard.com/viewtopic.ph ... highlight= here is one posted by LInda ... i checked it out ... was a nice site

I think this is a good way to learn ..if you are learning to listen to yourself

anyone can read cards froma book from a deck...u have to listen to what your heart says about each card ... I dont know how to explain this ... just something from within ..

I dont know ..aobut energy ..aobut how it transposes exactly ..maybe you can still be accurate reading this way ... it is like healing form a distance you do not have to touch ... but ...not really sure to be honest

Deborah

viki111

Post by viki111 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:52 pm

i like the idea of computarised readings.

thaipai

computerized readings

Post by thaipai » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:20 am

I don't know about how accurate they can be cause of not being able to touch a deck of cards and just typing in a question or just thinking about it, I mean how much thought will someone really put into it doing it that way?

skrapila22

Post by skrapila22 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:08 pm

I think electronic tarot is interesting and a really cool learning tool for a beginner, but I think it takes away from the concept of Tarot... there is something to be said for being in touch with your own personal deck, and doing a reading in person.

But to each his own... I still downloaded the tarot software from this site... it is very helpful.

msmel

computerized tarot readings

Post by msmel » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:03 am

Having done more rune readings and only just really getting into tarot the person giving the readings have tried the different computerized reading for both rune and tarot.  Personally I feel that they lack the connection or pull you feel when you actually touch the cards or stones as well as the spiritual presence with the person who is posing the question if you are the one doing the reading. In my very limited experience with on line readings have been lacking and not very acurate, but it is great practice.

rainy

Post by rainy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:10 pm

I have bin learning tarot for about 12 years now and b4 that I read playing cards 4 others with remarkable accuracy. I still struggle 2 remember the meanings 4 tarot and recently downloaded the tarot software from this site n I regularly visit 2 other sites 4 readings. I have found that wen I look 4 a reading from all 3 they are remarkably similar and they have guided me thru sum troubled times lately. They also help me in familarising myself with the cards and find it far easier than flipping backwards n forwards thru books which all seem 2 have different meanings 4 the same cards neway.

Nick234

Post by Nick234 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:43 pm

It's maybe a bit off topic, but a while back I searched google for online psychic readings. I came out on some site where you could get ONE free reading. It certainly was a scam lol!

You had to remember 1 card out of uhm 6 that were laid out and then click on 'next'. Then you had to click "next" & visualise the card very deeply and wait for 5 seconds. Then the so called psychic had taken out this card you had remembered like it was magic!

Hahah at first I thought -wow- but after clearing my coockies/temp files of my browser and did the "one free reading" again I found out ALL of the cards were replaced, so not just the one you had to picture! Very clever, but such a scam, these people are disgusting hahah.

lightemerging

Post by lightemerging » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:24 pm

skrapila22 wrote:I think electronic tarot is interesting and a really cool learning tool for a beginner, but I think it takes away from the concept of Tarot... there is something to be said for being in touch with your own personal deck, and doing a reading in person.

But to each his own... I still downloaded the tarot software from this site... it is very helpful.
I totally agree!

spinbren

Post by spinbren » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:47 pm

Hi there, being new to Tarot it's extremely interesting seeing the imput from different points of views.
A real eye opener and a great way to keep expanding our wonderful enquiring minds.

astricks

Post by astricks » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:36 pm

Hi all,

Tarot with help of computer of with a reader; it does not matter, what matters is the knowledge of reading cards. I think computers can not give you a real phycic reading as you may have a question and some other person has a diffrent question but still the computer gives the same reding for a perticular card n number of times.

But yes if you want to learn what can be better than a free learning experience through computers and all the websites available.

Happy tarot reading

MySpirit1111

Computerized Readings

Post by MySpirit1111 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:08 am

The Querant (the person getting the reading) is supposed to concentrate on their question in either situation.  I think if it's important, your guides, God or whoever or whatever givens the info will give the correct info.  

If you go into a reading in either situation just playing around, you're probably going not going to get meaningful answers to your questions.  

Tarot is like anything else.  The more you put into it, the more you're likely to get out of it.

Hope this helps,

MySpirit111

brittdun

Post by brittdun » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:16 am

I've been using the tarot software from this site and so far I believe it's been very accurate. So, I believe IMHO computerized tarot readings can be accurate (at least the software provided by this website - MB Free Tarot Reading Software). I've been very happy with it.

frankfathom

I agree

Post by frankfathom » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:48 am

its just a computer program I doubt the results has anything to do with the question

brittdun

Post by brittdun » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:51 am

I haven't been typing in a question. I have been using it just to see what my life has been like and how its going to go. It's been pretty accurate...

Return to “Tarot”