Combinations

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

ellis

Combinations

Post by ellis » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:47 pm

I read somebody's cards for them last night and in the outcome column (where I use 3 cards for the outcome) I got the following:

The Sun: Lovely warm feeling, celebrate life, love life, shadows disappear great feeling
The Tower: All things you believe in crashing down around you. A loss of trust (severe) often a cheating partner or lies that have come out.
7 of Pentacles: Taking stock, looking at the efforts you have put in and the harvest returned, was it worth it.

Although each card is definite in its meaning I have struggled to find their true meaning in combination especially as the Sun is extremely favourable against the catastrophic Tower.

Any ideas?

Gem

Re: Combinations

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:20 pm

ellis wrote:I read somebody's cards for them last night and in the outcome column (where I use 3 cards for the outcome) I got the following:

The Sun: Lovely warm feeling, celebrate life, love life, shadows disappear great feeling
The Tower: All things you believe in crashing down around you. A loss of trust (severe) often a cheating partner or lies that have come out.
7 of Pentacles: Taking stock, looking at the efforts you have put in and the harvest returned, was it worth it.

Although each card is definite in its meaning I have struggled to find their true meaning in combination especially as the Sun is extremely favourable against the catastrophic Tower.

Any ideas?
Have you looked at them as a progression? A story? Perhaps The Sun is the happiness and joy and sunny time and then there will be lot of hard work building up to bursting point  and exhaustion of energies and just when you are ready to give up you will be able to sit back and reap what you have sown?

Was this from your Rider Waite deck Ellis?

ellis

Combinations

Post by ellis » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:54 pm

Yes, this was from Rider Waite and thank you for this, it makes sense that way. I am struggling sometimes when combinations like this come into play. Individually the cards are almost obvious and second nature. Hopefully this will become clearer as the coyurse goes on.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:26 am

Yep, you are spot on there, we will be working through combinations after the individuals. Sometimes its easier to give a 'fast' reading and look at them as if they are a story in pictures?, It helps as well to actually say the words outloud too, as if you were reading from a book, this helps fluency and creating links between the cards. Either way, you are doing great :)

Psydes212

Post by Psydes212 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:43 pm

Hey what about this combo.. this used to pop up quite frequently for me....

The Sun then the Devil......

ellis

Letting your love of life control you

Post by ellis » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:22 am

:smt003 How bizarre this one is. The Sun is all about the love of life, joy, banish darkness, celebrate living and a very charismatic individual whereas The Devil is about control, temptation, obsession, over-indulgence, etc. So one can assume, rightly or wrongly, that the person may be under the control of a very charismatic individual for example or even that their sunny outlook on life is controlling their decisions to their detriment i.e. they are not seeing the fuller picture. It is always best to see both sides to any situation even if you are a 'glass half full' person.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:59 am

Psydes212 wrote:Hey what about this combo.. this used to pop up quite frequently for me....

The Sun then the Devil......
What spread were you using? The position of the cards will also have a great bearing on their meanings :)

Psydes212

Post by Psydes212 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:45 pm

Interesting take on it.. thanks :):)

Return to “Tarot”