Scariest cards!

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Which is the scariest Major Arcana, the one you dislike or hate the most in a reading?

Death
3%
Hanged Man
5%
The Tower
46%
The Hierophant
2%
The Devil
25%
The Chariot
No votes
The Fool
3%
The Magician
No votes
None of the above
16%

Total votes: 61

weezerwall

Re: 10 of Cups?

Post by weezerwall » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:15 am

Botyfltiger wrote:What if I said that I have little fear of ALL the cards out of the 78, untill I did a deeper meaning on the 10 of cups and now I dread the thought of the card being in a reading for me.

I know just about everyone reads this card as a happily ever after, great loving households, good family life, abundance ect..

What I see and what most people don't is that rainbow.
Rainbows AREN'T everlasting. They disapear, they are only at the moment type of an illusion.
So for me when I see the 10 of cups it is warning me that the happiness I may be recieving or giving at the moment isn't going to last, is going to and will disapear into thin air right in front of me.
Any one else have this issue with the 10 of Cups?
Peace
Hi "Boty" - Isn't this an interesting thread!  What you said here really made me have another look at the 10 of cups.  I can see your point, but as I've always loved rainbows as a symbol of hope - getting this card in a reading has given me joy.  The feelings you describe are more like those I have when I get the Sun.   :smt017  

When it appears in a reading - I find it hard to "believe" in the "happiness" it heralds. Isn't that strange??  Of course, the real reason could just be that I don't trust "the kid riding the horse" (in the Raider-Waite deck). lol  :smt003  

Everything in life is transitory...

Warmest,
Weezer

queen_of_swords

Scary Cards

Post by queen_of_swords » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:06 pm

Hi, I like the idea for this poll and I agree with the choices of the tower and devil being among the worst as the poll shows but why The Fool? is this seen as a bad card?

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:14 pm

Apparently so far two people have voted yes, sometimes it can be a disturbing card, its inplications can be distressing too ?

kasijo66

Post by kasijo66 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:56 pm

the hangman, because it always means you have to wait longer than you have already waited. I am German-German's don't have patience to begin with.
kasijo66

wolfmama7

Tarot Poll

Post by wolfmama7 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:43 pm

Even though I'm never afraid of a card, I see the Tower, and immediately I go "oh crap". I recently did a spread for myself, and the Tower was in it, in the perfect placement to decribe a situation I've been in for some time. it's worse when it places in a spot that refers to a "future" situation! Then you know it's coming, which doesn't necessarily make it any easier to endure!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch. Freedom is a well-armed lamb disputing the vote.

tabi

Post by tabi » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:50 pm

I love the Death card, it is probably my favorite out of the entire deck. The Devil and Tower don't bother me much unless they are relatively close together in a reading. The Hierophant however gives me fits. I'm not sure if it is because I can't get a meaning for him at all when I look at the card. It isn't a certain deck either. It is more of a feeling of not being able to figure out what he is telling me, which scares me because I feel as if I am missing something major.

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:58 am

I've got only one deck (I don't even know what it's called...) but the tower make me feel sick!
It seems like everything will go wrong and it makes me anxious!

cyhawley

Post by cyhawley » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:18 am

The hanged man reversed, needless sacrifice.  Being a martyr for a worthless cause.
Cynthia

Crow

Post by Crow » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:55 am

Nothing really scares me about the Majors.
The 2 of Swords...that is one scary card for me!  Dreadful card for me to have during a reading.   :smt005   Oh now what??!!!  Who else likes to talk to their cards?  lol And to answer the other question, no it doesn't matter which deck I use.  Although I am partial to one specific deck. :smt002 The 2 of Swords is the scariest card for me. hahahahaha

FragelsGal

Post by FragelsGal » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:42 am

Dont really like that Tower card much.  Seems to be that everything is about to come falling down around you.  Disater is gunna happen :(  Bad tower!

Duncan

scariest cards

Post by Duncan » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:57 pm

I can usually work something helpful around the Major Arcana, but for me the toughie is always the 3 of Swords:smt010 I know heartache will often lead to healing but how do you explain this when someone has come for a reading full of excitement for a new relationship they've just started? Chances are it's the first card I'll turn up.... I mean it just LOOKS so uninviting!
let's head back to Tennessee, Jed.

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:32 pm

My friend used to do tarot for me and he was brilliant but the tower card would always come up in my spread, he used to right freak out! Saying that that it was basically the "sh*t has hit the fan" "Run for your lives" kinda thing.
But then we figured out that I, yes me, was actually the Tower card. The tower card actually represented me?! Not sure if anyone has come across that before or its total hogwash but thought it would be interesting info to share.

I kinda get the shivers with the devil cared but I think its more cause of the name.
The magician also stirs me up at times cause I don't like the word magic...prob just due to the kind of ppl who used to be pro the word.
But I also know now that all these cards have wonderful and powerful messages to tell! And that none of them are 'bad'...:)
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

Rev_Vesta

scary cards....

Post by Rev_Vesta » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:11 am

I use The Native American Tarot by Magda Weck Gonzales.....
looking through the Major Arcana......... there are aspects of these selected cards that are scary on a personal level......... Are you ready to face Your shadow Self?

Osho Zen Tarot.... There are several cards that really make you look at your inner self..........

Minor Arcana NAT........7 of Shields....Trail of tears.......shows it could be quite a journey travelled.......
Eight of Blades Captive..................facing how you are feeling within emotions........
three of Blades mourning-dealing with grief on some level...
ten of swords    Ruin............lies untruths..........etc

Aspects of the Minor arcana also hold things we may not be ready or want to face within ourselves................

So i cannot pick just one card i find the scariest.........it really depends where i am in my life...... what stage of the cycle......!!!!!!!
Love and Light,
Namaste
Rev_Vesta........

mystic67

Post by mystic67 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:27 pm

I agree, the tower. Scary.
Donna

Rev_Vesta

Tower

Post by Rev_Vesta » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:15 am

The Tower....

usually means a leap into the unknown..asking for you to take a risk in moving forward.....

Are you ready to take that leap of faith into the unknown   or do you want to hold onto what keeps you secure.?  

Blessed be!
Love and Light,
Namaste
Rev_Vesta........

Return to “Tarot”