How do you assign a timeframe using your Tarot deck?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi Cedars,

One thing is foresure, we can all read exactly what you say. Maybe with one exception. Lp may have glasses chipped from the surrounding rock and use dark bottle bottoms as lenses---the sun, a bit brighter around those parts?

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:38 am

Hi Cedars,

I just had a thought---Very difficult for me, living on PLANET PAYEWACKER.

The Court cards give an indication or bluntly put it in your face the Zodiac they are assigned to. The school of thought here is as you know, varied, colourfull and sometimes absolutely non comprehensible? Not because the author is wrong, but we all have a different take on this matter.

Would it not be a good idea, if we post the Court cards, or pics of them. But suit by suit and we can then perhaps get to a general consencus. There are a great many decks floating around, somewhere we will see the right assignment?

Blessed be

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:36 am

Hi Guys,
I scanned the courts suit, by suit. Just to big, so i took photies, attached let's see the suit of Wands (Robin Wood), the fire signs.

Blessed be
Attachments
Robin Wood-Court-Wands.JPG
Robin Wood-Court-Wands.JPG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 1602 times

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:55 am

O, My God,

Cedars, you thought your posting was big!! F***, this takes the cake!!!!!!
I wonder, what is under the cilt :smt017 ?

We can truly investigate the above matter, hopefully the King will agree to let "the wind" do it's trick.

Sorry guys, but at least, with no doubt, you will be able to have a very good look see!!! :smt004

S***, :smt103  never thought it could be this beeg. I'm sure to many inches were added :smt112 .

There is the other three suits and the other three decks i would want to add :smt119 , wow, if this is not going to be a good conversation, i'll be very dissapointed.  :smt090

:smt007

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:11 am

Guys,

Let me put it straight, please excuse the language; "shit a brick and build a house"

Here we have the Pentacles---Earth.
Blessed be

I'm so sorry about the "size", but remember sometimes it counts :smt031

Luv U all
Blessed be
Attachments
Robin Wood-Courts-Pentacles.JPG
Robin Wood-Courts-Pentacles.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 1601 times

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Well, what can I say to these sizes. Not easy to go back and forth looking at them and commenting. Sorry Payewacker. But I will do my best here :)

Wands:
The Robn Wood deck makes no qualms about the element of fire. With Wand court cards, the fire itself is portrayed so vividly on their clothing, not to mention the image of a lion on the king and the knight.
The garments are portrayed as though they have caught fire and are burning, not to mention the horse's hair of the Knight.
The King as Aries and the Queen as Leo (according to the way I have learnt). I dont see any salamanders on the king's tunic, again some form a fire element.
I cannot comment too much about the astrological qualities of these signs, as I dont know much about it, apart from my own zodiac sign :)

However, even though the knights are not assigned astrological signs, but I would confidenly say the Robn Wood Knight of Wands is surely a fire sign and can easily be interpreted as a Leo with that lion skind as his uniform.
But I am not sure if we can go on assigning zodiac signs to every court memeber.
The question that comes to my mind is: why are the Knights left out of the astrological signs?

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi Cedars, size counts but ****, The King of Wands has a live Salamander just below the raised wand. The Queen, a Cat and Sunflowers. My thinking, is that the King and Queen rules the same sign. 56 cards---52 weeks?

Now, if we accept that the King of Wands is Aries, summer in the northern hiemosphere.  Then Robin Wood assisgned kings: Swords-Aquiarius, Cups-Pisces, Wands-Aries and Pentacles-Taurus. Then that would mean all the kings are mainly in "summer"?

Attached :smt119, Haindle's Wands.Can you see anything in these?

I won't blame you if you go :smt105

Well at least every detail is vividly visable?
:smt028

Blessed be
Attachments
SDC10704.JPG
SDC10704.JPG (662.86 KiB) Viewed 1762 times

lemonpip

Post by lemonpip » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:16 am

Koooooei, Hi Dolls,

S Tranquila, son for lemompip,

I no work now, must first go operation, my boobies not stryt, so boss say wait for operation. Now eat only nuts fromt ree.

So, see, no mother ask help her. Maybe even father - I cut hair for face, she leeves to be big, no good.

She say, never to try tell tyme. Evryting change to fast. Better for only ask what ees happen. When happen, in it time at be alone. She sy all tings is cirkel, all start, all end one place. EEs pacience, see when ting happen, then know, it happen, finish kaput.

sunlight to u
The truth can hurt!!!!!!!!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Hello Payewacker

Sorry for a late response. It is not that I did not wish to respond. I also tried to post my cards in here but, like you, I got a huge picture which took over the whole screen. That really put me off. I have also asked for help in the Technical forum on how to solve this, but have not had a response yet.

In answer to your Indian-style court cards, the only one that actually conveys the element of Fire to me is the King of Wands - Brahma. As for the Queen of Wands, Kali, I'm afraid I dont get a very good feeling about her. To me she is concealing something, almost like the High Priestess. Whilst both King and Queen have got a vivid red colour around them indicating Fire, but I do get this awry feeling from Kali, as I cannot see a face.
As for the Prince and Princess (Page and Knight) of Wands, I'm afraid I don't get any feeling of Fire there. They both look to me as very gentle, timid (and both effeminate) Page and Knight personalities which do not give me any sensation of Fire.

I am realising now we are digressing from the main topic which was Timing of tarot cards and going more towards relating them to their elements as prescribed by the general understanding of the tarot cards, i.e. in my case the Rider Waite deck.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi Cedars,

I promise this is the last pic i'm going to post until the size issue can be resolved. Haindl used the "ethnic" groups, Cupis attached and one of the Pentacles which he calls stones.

I thought that "what would be the possibility that these deities are honoured in specific months or on specific days which may indicate the Zodiac period.

The Cups is Odin and refers to the Celts. Maybe a lead in there.

Blessed be
Attachments
Haindl-Courts-Cups.JPG
Haindl-Courts-Cups.JPG (1.51 MiB) Viewed 1737 times

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi Cedars,

Haindl attached astrological symbols to the Major Arcanum. These are not only Zodiac signs but also planetary signs. I will check if I can make something out of it.

Blessed be

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:29 pm

My take with the scan.

These are the Wands court cards of the Rider Waite Universal.

Hope they come out normal eye-size.

Yippeeeeee did it...........

Kaperuzita

Post by Kaperuzita » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:19 pm

It's so nice to see such a lively discussion! xD

Just to add some to it. The astrological references in the Rider Waite deck were added by the Golden Dawn and so,they follow their approach to the Tarot as well as the Northern hemisphere astrological conventions. As we know, here Aries is fall and it is also in the beginning of the year. here, classes start on March, and so on and so forth. I'm uploading the wands court cards with some dates usually associated to them:

King of Wands: December 11-20
Queen of Wands: December 4-10
Knight of Wands: November 29- December 3
Page of Wands: November 21-28

This corresponds to Saggitarius, a fire sign. I'll try to upload the  rest of the weeks. Sorry I've been missing the discussion but one must work sometimes xD.

Love!
Attachments
wands.JPG
wands.JPG (68.34 KiB) Viewed 1660 times

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:21 pm

Very nice colours Kaperuzita
However, and a big HOWEVER, this is where we are going to get confused.

The way I have gathered my info is such that the Knights do not have any astrological reference. Dont ask me why is that.
I still cannot see the Wands to be Fall or Autumn. But if we are going to interpret these by hemispheres, then perhaps there is a sense to it.  My instincts tell me the Wands are Summer (apart from what I have read to support this) but the astrological aspects are different to yours:

Aries - King of Wands - March 21 - April 19. Fire
Leo - Queen of Wands - July 23 - August 22 - Fire
Sagittarius - Page of Wands - Nov 22 -  Dec 21 - Fire.

this is getting VERRRRRYYYYY interesting, eh? :) :)

I thought you had left us. We have not discussed much except for our picture upload difficulties. Now it is up to Payewacker to master the art of uploading...<wink, wink, wink>

Are these the Tarot de Marseilles Wands?

Kaperuzita

Post by Kaperuzita » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi Cedars!

Yes, these are the Marseilles' wands. The predominant color there is green and they are associated with nature and creativity.

And yes, this is getting very interesting. I don't like giving dates myself but it is very interesting to read about the different perspectives people have on this.

Blessings!

Return to “Tarot”