Temperance Reversed crossed by Death?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

renjer

Post by renjer » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:17 am

I guess so. But I find this website is a way of keeping a record of all the readings that I do and seeing how my interpretation has actually fitted (or not fitted) the Seeker's real circumstances. I look back at most readings in a couple of months anyway. And, all the names on my website are made up to keep all querents anonymous.

Also, I was thinking, because my friends around me have such an adverse reaction towards Tarot, I decided to offer my services to others (for free) instead. So far in the reading forum over here (and in real life) I have had some success in this.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 am

Hi Renjer.

We all keep a record of our readings, we all contact our querants to see how they are doing, we all get referrals, or asked for another reading from our querants.

Although i had to change computers a few times, my readings are saved on CD, as far as 2004 back. In this, they are not anonymous. How would I possibly know that John Mistletoe is actually Jenifer, if I have 1000 readings saved?

There is no rule to say you are not to do this, but being a "beginner", is very bold, if not looking for negative critisism when hosting readings on a public site. We all learn and make mistakes in our "beginning to be". It is unfortunate, but your site will eventually be avoided by visitors, especially if they read through the answers and see your mistakes.

I do not speak for the other readers, but I think you will find some resistance. But continue to do your readings. After all - Practice, makes perfect.

There is a lot of knowledge to be gained on MB, you have it at your disposable. Feel free to make use of it, to enrich your own person to become a reader who does not have to say---"I look bad after a few months" with your readings. You are placing yourself in a negative light and as such, the one Universal energy, will work through you in that way as well.

Blessed be.

renjer

Post by renjer » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:53 am

Payewacker wrote:Hi Renjer.

There is no rule to say you are not to do this, but being a "beginner", is very bold, if not looking for negative critisism when hosting readings on a public site. We all learn and make mistakes in our "beginning to be". It is unfortunate, but your site will eventually be avoided by visitors, especially if they read through the answers and see your mistakes.
If you don't mind, I thought that the tarot was all about intuition and sometimes I don't even follow book meanings if I don't feel like it. Thus, how could intuition be wrong?

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi Renjer,
I support your belief.

I would like to add a little problem that many of my tarot reading friends encounter. Some of the seekers that have sat with them consider themselves educated in tarot because they may have read a book or two, or because they have had so many readings do ye'ol psychic hopping routine. When you name a cards and give your intuitive reading on the spread this kind of seeker will question you on the altered meaning, worse still they may not have faith in the reading you gave.

To avoid this problem the readers I know that use the cards simply to inspire their intuitions will present the reading in a way that it doesn't make mention of individual cards drawn. They will also make mention of their personal method of reading in their bio/profile(thou in my experience few seekers actually read these things properly )  

I would like to also add that I dont keep reading, or records. I could not.. In my belief the reading is often deeply personal to the seeker, not my property to keep, and frankly none of my business really.
I also never contact past seekers... If they want to update me, they will contact me., it may appear as if Im fishing for more business.
For me I would not like to encourage the seeker to need or want further readings on the matter, and am careful so as not to promote a potentiality unhealthy reliance on readings to sort things out for them.
The reading is never about me and my ego..Its always a great feeling when a seeker confirms my accuracy or lets me know that I was indeed helpful to them.. but I wont look for this..  

These things are just me, and I dont expect all readers to do things just the way I do.. I just wanted to address the "we all keep records.."
What you do is right for you.. read with your heart. :)

renjer

Post by renjer » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks for the reply, StormGirl.

To me, the record-keeping part is all about building from a previous relationship. I've found a new plugin that helps me keep private notes on the real names of my newly invented personae. Thus in the future, if they ask questions again, I could go back to a previous reading to check if it is still valid and can thus give much more relevant advice.

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:38 pm

:)..

Just some personal advice. I believe your readings may be as much energy based as they are card. Be careful that you dont carry this energy with you. That you keep records,  and by all means have them handy for your own learning curve.. BUT..file the energy away.. dont re-experience the readings

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi Renjer, Storm Girl Blue.

Ok, so you say that at most your intuition is at work, great! Then why do you even say that after some time you seem to be "In a compromising" position! Why is this? It shouldn't be. Seeing your intuition is so strong, you should not make a mistake, unless you interprit the cards incorrectly. The cards are mere pointers to your intuition.

Although we base a lot on our psycic abilities, we still have a set of norms to adhere to. If you don't understand some basic facts about Tarot and especially the CC, you put yourselve in the same position all the time.

Stormgirl Blue.
When I read cards for a querant, I'm in a position where I can dramatically change that person's life! To be very frank, sometimes the first reading may indicate to a lot more at a later stage or developments beyond, what we consider to be a specified "time-frame". That is why I keep a record of every reading.

To do a reading is not a mere walk in the park, if you can realize that some people make a point of living their lives as per Tarot readings, you will start being more considerate to the querants.

MB is a respected public board, therefore, we need to also have due respect and act in that way. There are specified structures for readers and querants. In this sense, I don't think we should even consider any further fruitless "debating", to recompense a specific point of thought.

Rhuto, I think this thread has served it's purpose, and is now becoming the playground of contradictory statements, can we have it locked please!

Blessed be.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Yea.....I think we might do that....but I also think that none of you shall feel as anyone else won the discussion.

It is only to look to the number of Tarot Cards, and the different meanings they imply, this should be enough proof that very much goes on intuition when you read, even if you need to follow the ground rules, which point you in the direction the answer is.

To keep old readings in order to go through them again, is a contradiction...if this helps...then you don't use your intuition...because then you had to reconnect to situation and person, you then rather read a description of what you said then....but if you don't follow up the seeker, by question him/her about what has happen, you will have no clue how good or bad you was.....the kudos we receive at the moment we give the reading aren't always the true image of our Reading...on good and bad. (a seeker who have got a "lousy"reading might see that the reading was very good, and a reading that gave the Reader kudos might only have been some "entertainment", and show little in the unfold.

It is also ok when someone state that they are "beginners" in a trade ,at the start of a reading, but more then that is not necessarily, and only lead to downgrade of Reading or Reader.

Return to “Tarot”