Looking for the ideal Tarot book ...any suggestions?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Anissa31

Looking for the ideal Tarot book ...any suggestions?

Post by Anissa31 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:34 pm

I am looking for a book that covers upright and reversed meanings, as well as combinations, all on each page of the card it is describing. I have one book that has the upright meanings and combination meanings on the page of the description of each card, but does not have reversed meaning, which I like to follow. Has anyone seen a book like this? I have a book with combinations, but they are reserved for the back of the book, which means you have to look all through the book to get all the info needed. All in one place would be very nice!

ZODIAC

Re Tarot Book

Post by ZODIAC » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:47 pm

Hi,
I have not long purchased a book called "Tarot Combinations" it gives you lots of different combinations in two,three or four cards together. Also it lists reversed cards too. I find it quite helpful. Although like most books ..

I find if you have the intuition then the card meaning will come to you without the need for additional help. Learning all the different meanings takes ages and means you have lots to try to remember. but by using what you feel in your mind you are never far wrong.

I used to have my book out whenIfirst started reading years ago,(mind you I only ever read for family then so it didnt matter) But once I put the book away and tried reading through what I felt I actully learnt a lot more.

But I dont dismiss the help of Books once in a while its good to see what others feel.

This is only my opinion and I dont wish to tread on anyones toes lol

:)

Zodiac x

dayanera

Post by dayanera » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:57 am

I agree with ZODICA about the book and readings. If you completely depend on the book you lose the feelings you are picking up from the cards..You forget to look at the way the cards are facing each other .The way they are talking to you . Because you just pick up the book and make sure it says what you think it does..But that isn't always what they are saying just what the book offers...Again I say find a deck that you really feel comfortable with .There are sooooooo many decks to pick from..You will know when you get that deck... :smt002 ..

dayanera

Tarot book

Post by dayanera » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:10 am

Anissa..I forgot to say about the book you ask about..lol.old age.lol..anyway most card decks come with a small book that tells you the meanings...You can go to Amazon.com and get all kinds of suggest on books dealing with tarot..I have one that I like that is not just for tarot name Teach Yourself Fortune Telling ..by Rachel Pollack..It has many other things in it too. But it gives good meanings on the cards ..Simple easy ones for the beginner..After you get the meanings then you can get something more on combination and etc...Also you can just internet seach and get many articles on it...Also the software on this site has the meanings and etc...

Return to “Tarot”