What's happening to my Tarot deck?!

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

breathingwater

What's happening to my Tarot deck?!

Post by breathingwater » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:52 pm

A very weird and interesting thing has happened to my Tarot deck.  I was given a new one for Christmas and put my orginal one away for a week.

Well, I pulled it out last night to do some readings.  Imagine my suprise when there are 55 cards in my deck.  Aren't there supposed to be 78 cards?  I've searched high and low for the missing cards and they are no where to be found.

Also, I now have TWO of the same card!  I KNOW they were both not there last week.  I now have two Magus cards (also called the magician is some decks).

The images on the card are similiar, but different pieces of artwork.  The back of the cards and color of the prints are exactly the same, so they do come from the same deck.

No one had access to my cards.  I grilled every person in my life and they all deny it, heck most of them don't even know what Tarot cards are.

What's going on?  I've been chattering away to my Spirit Guide a lot lately, even though I don't get answers back.  Is he trying to be funny or something?

I am going to go through my cards to find out what ones are missing.

RedWhisper

Post by RedWhisper » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:35 pm

That is definitely pretty wild!

lightemerging

weird deck happenings

Post by lightemerging » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:15 pm

hi, is it the thoth tarot special edition with the xtra magnus cards?  I swear when i bought mine the xtra magnus card that was supposed to be in there wasn't.  I was all mad, and was going to take it back, then was absentmindedly shuffling them and the other magnus flew out.  I figured i was just crazy and missed it the first few look thrus untill i'm reading your post!

fireraven

trickster abounds

Post by fireraven » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:02 am

Sounds like the Thoth to me.... that Aleister Crowley was a bit of a trickster-jester....

When i bought my copy of Thoth, it said it had the extra magus card too.... it never did, and unlike you lightemerging, the extra magus never showed up...

I had a similar thing happen to me, although it was the Tarot of the Witches (aka, James Bond 007 deck as seen in Live and Let Die) which I bought when I was wee little boy of 13 or 14. Many years later, a mate decided we would play 'Pick-up 78' (the Tarot variation of 'Pick-up 52'). Well, we thought we'd picked up all the cards, but when I went through them a bit later I realised that THE TOWER was missing. I looked everywhere for it, searched my place high-&-low, but no Tower... so I put the deck in the draw and never played with them again.....

....until one time after I handballed them to my younger sister (whom I was trying to bring over to the dark side...); she was doing a bit of a clean-up in her room and this deck came out of one of her drawers. I decided to have a bit of a throw, and lo-and-behold, what should come up but the Tower. I was really spun out. For the next few days I played with this deck, using the one-card method, and the Tower kept coming up.

Need I mention what the theme of my life in those days were....

:0

Return to “Tarot”