Crowley Tarot

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Annodnyl

Crowley Tarot

Post by Annodnyl » Fri May 11, 2007 2:38 pm

Has anyone used Crowley's Thoth tarot successfully?

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri May 11, 2007 5:18 pm

A few thousand I should thnk? Strange wording for the question? Do you not like the Thoth tarot? What is it you don't like, the background or the designations? It is a strong tarot deck and has many followers, almost splitting tarot readers to Crowley or Waite?

Annodnyl

Crowley Tarot

Post by Annodnyl » Sat May 12, 2007 12:29 pm

I like using the Crowley tarot, although I've found it to be a very long and involved reading.  Sometimes I misunderstand some of the cards and have to use another divination to clearly define what I'm looking at. :)

George

Re: Crowley Tarot

Post by George » Sat May 12, 2007 12:42 pm

Annodnyl wrote:I like using the Crowley tarot, although I've found it to be a very long and involved reading.  Sometimes I misunderstand some of the cards and have to use another divination to clearly define what I'm looking at. :)
gee, i think i'm getting to a point where i'll have to look up this deck and see what it is all about!  :smt002

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat May 12, 2007 1:44 pm

Yods George !!  Wow can't believe you haven't already!  A strange thing is that not many use the Thoth for classes, hmm I shall do a section on different decks later on, but may look at posting some pics with the lessons :)

George

Post by George » Sat May 12, 2007 7:47 pm

Gem wrote:Yods George !!  Wow can't believe you haven't already!  A strange thing is that not many use the Thoth for classes, hmm I shall do a section on different decks later on, but may look at posting some pics with the lessons :)
:smt053 shame on me!  if that is the case you think i would have gotten there by now!  :smt119   been kind of busy and just haven't branched out anymore at this point i'm trying to stay focus on one thing at a time which i am studying two things right now!  so there you go!  can't even follow my own rules!  :smt018   although the Tarot is my main focus for now!   :smt003

:smt006

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun May 13, 2007 11:52 am

Sooooo tell us more... two branches of study... tell tell!

Perhaps wait till we have finished the pips then courts in a few weeks time then we can pick on an individual deck and investigate together?

George

Post by George » Sun May 13, 2007 1:16 pm

Gem wrote:Sooooo tell us more... two branches of study... tell tell!

Perhaps wait till we have finished the pips then courts in a few weeks time then we can pick on an individual deck and investigate together?
i was just refering to studying the Tarot and Wicca is all.  Then recently reading about stones, crytals and stuff like that.  just kind of have to stay focus on one thing as the main study!

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun May 13, 2007 1:30 pm

You will love learning crystals and all things witchy, do you have any crystals that you can use with your tarot?

George

Post by George » Sun May 13, 2007 1:38 pm

Gem wrote:You will love learning crystals and all things witchy, do you have any crystals that you can use with your tarot?
this is what i have:
clear quartz, rose quartz, hematite, blue calcite, and fluorite.  

not 100% which ones are cyrstlas gems not sure of all the right meanings as of yet.

i use the clear quartz and hematitie on my place mat for the Tarots as you know. and i could easily see me using the others later on.  not sure if that is what i'll do but i beginning to like the ideal of it.   :smt007

for me Wicca i like the ideal of it being an earth base religion.  actually i love that ideal.  i would most likly never do spells or magic or anything like that.  but i like celebrating the earth and all it has to offer.  it seems to have a lifestyle i most likly could get into and practice.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun May 13, 2007 3:07 pm

Well in that case I hope to see you over in the Mystic Board -Crystal Forum when you ever get a spare minute, it has a lovely mod there :smt003

George

Post by George » Sun May 13, 2007 9:03 pm

Gem wrote:Well in that case I hope to see you over in the Mystic Board -Crystal Forum when you ever get a spare minute, it has a lovely mod there :smt003
gee, i didn't know there was one!  :smt053    :smt003

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Mon May 14, 2007 4:54 pm

I really like working with the Thoth deck. There are so many dimensions to it, astrologically, numerologically, and beautiful graphics. I have found it to ba a very accurate deck.

Return to “Tarot”