Cleansing a tarot deck

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

daisythorn

Cleansing a tarot deck

Post by daisythorn » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:15 am

I like to smudge everything with sage.  My neighbors think I smoke pot. Maybe I overdo it, but I feel "better safe than sorry". :smt003  That is how I cleanse my decks as well.  I smudge them, and if I'm not impatient to use them, I will place them in my sacred space and put a quartz crystal on the top for as long as I feel is necessary.
Anyhow, I'd love to  know how others cleanse their decks...?

sarwiz

Post by sarwiz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:06 am

After smudging, try keeping them in a wooden box with a piece of kyanite in it.

Botyfltiger

Post by Botyfltiger » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:40 pm

I do a bit of this and a bit of that. For me it all depends on which deck I am cleaning.

I think I allow a lot of my own personaility to come out in each deck I own.

I do sage smudging on some. Others just seem to be fine with being placed back into order. Others like me to lay them out over night during a full moon.

For a very strange reason to me, cause I never wanted the deck, or thought I never wanted this deck. I seem to have a set ritual I have to do everytime once I am done with my Thoth Tarot. I was given the large deck about 5 or so years ago in a online gift exchange with fellow tarot art lover. I was a bit,  :smt011 cause I didn't wish to get that deck, but am SOOOOO GLAD IT WAS GIVEN TO ME.

My Thoth is the ONLY deck I have that isn't in the box it came in or a bought tarot bag. It sits out wraped in a black with red trim silk cloth. I leave this one out in the open for it is the one I seem to go to at any given time. But it rarely wishes to be clensed as long as I place it right back in the silk cloth as soon as I am done with it.

I do keep crystals in most of my bags. As well as other types of stones.

Peace and Love, Botyfltiger

Return to “Tarot”