Reading exercise while cleaning your deck

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Botyfltiger

Reading exercise while cleaning your deck

Post by Botyfltiger » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:59 pm

Hi, I started doing this a few years ago and would love to see if you all get similar results when doing this.

If you clean your cards by putting them back in order 0 to 78 or just like to keep them in order. This little trick can be handy when summing up what the message is/was that deck gave or was trying to give you.

When you take you cards to place them back in order. Lay each suit separately in its own pile.

So you should have a pile for Majors. Wands. Cups. Swords. Pentacles. I keep them in this order for the elemental connections.
Wands-Spring
Cups-Summer
Swords-Autumn
Pentacles-Winter

Lay each card from each suit on the pile. Once you have laid all the cards down. Look at what cards are staring up at you. Are the cards ones you have been seeing repeatedly from this deck when reading? Do you have cards you didn't get in any readings?

You can use this as an Elemental Spread or a Directions spread. I use this as a exercise as final thoughts or messages I may have missed while using which ever deck it was I was using.
I hope this made some sense? I am the worst at explaining things and never could do it under 1000 words :smt003

Looking forward to your feed back.
Peace and Love,
Botyfltiger

sarwiz

Post by sarwiz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:32 am

Sounds like something I do , except that I'll go through the deck, studying the cards , and make a pile of the ones I don't see often, then deal 3 from there. Amazing what they say sometimes

Return to “Tarot”