Fortune Telling

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Can Tarot predict future events

Yes
44%
No
9%
Don't Know
7%
Depends on the reader
40%

Total votes: 43

Gem

Fortune Telling

Post by Gem » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:34 am

Just for fun, I thought it might be fun to see what people thought.

Do you believe that tarot can predict future events?

Are our futures set in stone or can we change our destiny and future?

Which layouts might be best...

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:19 am

I believe tarot gives insight into what is going on around you at the time past/present and future events which are already in progress they can advise as to how things are going in your life and enlighten you to things that effect you that you didn't know about but not tell the future :smt031  as this can change with the very smallest of things :smt115  throwing a reading in another direction :smt069  anything not directly related to the cards, that is picked up in a reading  would be psychic  :smt059 and that could tell of a future event  :smt039

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:32 am

I am going for depend on the reader.

I feel that Tarot itself can't predict anything.....Tarot is a tool....that can be used for entertaiment or serious work.

In the hand of a "serious" Reader with great knowledge and good intuition prediction is absolute possible.....but not absoulute.

As said by Gem...all incident are control by our free will.....it's very difficult to predict on the personal plan.....the will of the community(or thing that don't depend on 1 will)are easier to predict...because it has slower change and one can read the opinion and the predict what way it might take.

hopefulgirl86

Post by hopefulgirl86 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:23 pm

I think they can based on the decisions you make. I learned that one the hard way. I did a tarot reading for myself and it told me that if I kept going down the same path I was going I would go through a difficult time. Well I didn't believe it, I was a beginner at the time and didn't think that my readings were accurate and didn't think I was doing anything wrong so I didn't listen. It was true, I am now going through a difficult time, I lost friends because of it, just because I wouldn't change what I was doing. I have no idea how to get out of the situation right now.

kawazoeaiko

Post by kawazoeaiko » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:56 am

Yes, I agree the fact that Tarot really can predict the future.
That's why I had decided to start learning about Tarot.
Everything has a beginning and also an end.

cdanika

Post by cdanika » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:40 pm

chrisdee wrote:I believe tarot gives insight into what is going on around you at the time past/present and future events which are already in progress they can advise as to how things are going in your life and enlighten you to things that effect you that you didn't know about but not tell the future :smt031  as this can change with the very smallest of things :smt115  throwing a reading in another direction :smt069  anything not directly related to the cards, that is picked up in a reading  would be psychic  :smt059 and that could tell of a future event  :smt039
I agree completely with Chrisdee except for 1 small change. The psychic could predict the future but even then, the future could still be changed by a move made from the client.

I don't feel that our futures are etched in stone. I feel that Earth is a school with certain lessons we are intended to learn but our way of getting there can take multiple routes and with each route we take, the line is defined in front of us until we vear off on another "road" and suddenly a new line is etched out.

Leslie

Tarot and Future

Post by Leslie » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:26 am

Gem,

I do beleive that Tarot can tell the future, but I do not feel that our paths are set in stone. I feel that the tarot guides you to make choices that control your future. Hence, if you see something in the cards, you can change it by listening to what they have to say and make the necessary decisions.

OOOOOOHHHHH! I feel me getting back into the groove of things. I use to read the tarot but haven't for several years....lol I think they are calling me back!  :smt043  How exciting I haven't felt this strong about them in a long time...lol

Future Contributor!!!!  :smt002
Leslie

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:41 am

Great news Leslie,  :) Have fun!

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:13 am

It seems that I'm the only one who's not sure if they can tell the future or not! The truth is that if they say something good I hope so much to be true...but when they don't I just think it's a game :D
Well actually I believe there are people who can tell the future....Using tarot or playing cards or anything else...
The thing is I'm not sure if we are supposed to know what is going to happen!Does that help?Or does that just make us act in a different way???

jarday

Post by jarday » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:47 am

I think the tarot can tell us the future. I once did a reading for a friend as her partnership was breaking up. The death card was supported by others in the reading and I assumed it was the death of this stage of her life. Little did I or she expect that her mother would die within three weeks.

Yes, I believe the tarot can tell us the future. But it depends on the reader to interpret the message correctly. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I am off track. My main use of tarot is for self-meditating and analysing.
toknowthefutureistobeguided

Bartmanhomer

Post by Bartmanhomer » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Well according to Power Tarot book, there's a spread called the "future spread"!

Where are the number of cards and position:

1-2: What happened in the past
3-4: What is happening now
5-6: What may happen in the near future
7-9: What may happen in the distant future

Bartmanhomer

Post by Bartmanhomer » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:44 pm

Well I think it's really depends on the reader. Chances for predicting the future is really varies by the different reader and also the question.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:12 am

Well, if tarot did not predict the future, then we would not have spreads which give 'Outcome' , 'Future' and so on..... If we dont believe that tarot can predict the future, then we should do without those spreads telling the future or a possible outcome. These very words and phrases themselves are predictive words.

Of course, we all want to know the future; if not all of it, but something about it. As to what we do about the forecast given to us is, up to us.

cedars

moonlitestonight

Tarot and the Future

Post by moonlitestonight » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:29 pm

I believe tarot can be very predictive.  I have seen it happen in readings I have done for myself and others.  Moonlitestonight

sarablinx

Post by sarablinx » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:18 am

I think it predicts what is most likely going to happen, but I think it is very possible to change it.

Return to “Tarot”