Angel Cards?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Angel Cards?

Post by Gem » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:58 pm

Which are your favourite angel cards and why?

I must admit I like the Doreen Virtue Messages from your Angels and also the Archangel Oracle Cards.

How do you read yours? Do you use spreads or daily guidance and just pull a card or three?

As an example I pulled one card and got the Angelic message.. from Akasha
"You are a spiritual teacher. You have the ability to counsel others and help them awaken their spiritual gifts and Divine Life Mission."

Carla

Post by Carla » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:32 pm

I just bought the Doreen Virtue Messages from your Angels cards and am just getting familiar with them. What is the difference between Oracle cards and the Tarot?

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:01 am

Hi Gem,

I haven't explored Angel cards at all, My youngest "sister" (actually my family i adopted and who kinda adopted me), Has a deck, but she doesn't really get into it consistantly, you know how 18 year old are!!

I don't dispute the evectiveness or messages send by the cards as she has really had a very big impact on a friend of mines life, after she did a reading, and was instructed to share the information.

I just felt as if having to many differing areas of interest somehow blocks your main area of focus.

Something else which i thought of, is that the actual cards seem very basic and not really as Tarot where the actual study of Tarot and reading the cards are two different entities and find Tarot and it's symbolish extremely satisfying. In fact i feel that there is so much to discover regarding Tarot and related subjects to be extensive. Therefore i don't follow a specific school of teaching but investigate a certain aspect until i find the root, origin, basis of any symbolic attachment to a card.

That is also why i haven't really got stuck in Haindl, but hat i have learned regarding these cards, is that the images or symbolism directly correspond to the Cabbala. Therefore the indepth study of the Cabbala has led me to so much information that i have possibly recorded about 2000 pages of related areas of interest, and yet my study is not even 1% of what i wish to know.

So getting back to Angel cards, it would be interesting to attach the Angels to Angel cards and then using Zoroaster and dionysus's classifiacations , also the sphere of influence regarding an Angel, seeing as many of them are assigned to planets, seals and pentacles on these planets.

This matter i raised at the astrolgy forum, but it seems as if no-one has really done this exercise and therefore couldn't give me any information regarding this!!

Blessed be

Forest Of Mysteries

Post by Forest Of Mysteries » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:17 pm

Carla wrote:I just bought the Doreen Virtue Messages from your Angels cards and am just getting familiar with them. What is the difference between Oracle cards and the Tarot?
They are a lovely deck :)

I like Doreens cards, they are nice to shuffle and pretty hardwearing.

I also use The Spirit Oracle and The Crystal Oracle, is there somewhere we can offer to give readings from oracles?

Rev_Vesta

Angel cards....

Post by Rev_Vesta » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:10 am

I have 4 of Doreen's Decks......Messages from your Angels,
                                            Magickal Mermaid and Dolphins
                                            Goddess Guidance
                               and        Ascended Masters

I have used most of her decks at some stage though........
I find it depends on my mood if i read for myself or the other person's interest to what cards and how many I use....
Sometimes if I want just a daily message I just choose one card....
Sometimes if I want more I will choose either 3 cards or 6 cards.....
If I want something more in depth i will use 3 decks together total 18 cards.......

whatever you decide to use is perfect fo you there is no wrong way to use the cards.....
Love and light

SteadyHills

Post by SteadyHills » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:00 am

I have 'The Angel Oracle' deck by Ambika Waters and usually pull a single card for guidance and direction. All cards in this deck have a postive nd friendly message. I am still in the process of becoming closer and more familiar with these cards.

Does anyone have any experience with this deck ?

mariemullyuk

Post by mariemullyuk » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:54 am

I use Doreen Virtue Messages from your Angels and I have found them to be very good. I brought a set for my friend and she consults them all the time. She's less worried about things now and they seem to give her some reassurance. The way I consult my angel cards is this - I think of a question or ask what message I have for today, I shuffle the cards and close my eyes [while repeating my question over and over], I feel each card in turn until I get the word 'stop' in my head, I do this three times. Then I read my three cards.

I find this works for me. I've done the spreads in the past [with angel and tarot cards] but find it's more effective doing it my way.

Return to “Tarot”