Dragons tarot

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Sunsetcoquette

Dragons tarot

Post by Sunsetcoquette » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:01 am

I got a new deck a couple weeks ago, the Dragons Tarot by Lo Scarabeo. Manfredi Toraldo and Geverino Baraldi (um, could they be Italian?, lmao).
The booklet is rather skimpy on divinatory meanings (maybe because they had to cram five languages in it). I was wondering if anyone had any familiarity with these cards or had any intepretations that didn'ty adhere to the Ride-Waite meanings. I keep getting Hanged Man in three seperate decks (story of my life, way too much time to be in my own head, thinking). I am pretty alright with rider-waite, learning the thoth, and this one is fun but I don't feel like I know it well at all yet. Anyone a Dragons expert?

Lycona

Post by Lycona » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:48 pm

I had bought this particular dragon tarot several years ago.  To date, I have a dozen or so tarot and oracle decks, and this one is the only one I've ever given away because I didn't like it.

I love dragons which was why I bought it.  But, it is pretty vacuous as far as being a tarot deck.  About the only thing good I can say about it is that the illustrations and the major arcana are very pretty, but the minor arcana is completely unreadable.  

My favorite deck and the one I use all of the time is the Celtic Dragon Tarot.  I can't remember offhand who does it.  I love this deck and have been using it for 7 or 8 years.  It retails for about 30 bucks for the book (which is extensive and only in English) and the deck.  It is also fairly Pagan, so if that isn't your thing, you might not like it.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you buy it and what you think.

Erica

Return to “Tarot”