Should the cards be shuffled?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

vandank

Should the cards be shuffled?

Post by vandank » Wed May 28, 2008 7:16 am

While doing a reading should the cards be shuffled. i.e if one is doing a reading for 2 diferent questions or 2 different people should the cards be shuffled after the forst one is done?

Azure

Post by Azure » Wed May 28, 2008 10:17 am

Thats a matter of opinion really, if you don't then you lose the cards already used, if youdo then I feel you get a much better run at the cards as they are all available :)
I use different decks, a new deck for each question.

vandank

Should the card be shuffled

Post by vandank » Thu May 29, 2008 2:40 am

Thanks for the reply, in your reply you suggest that one should exclude the card once displayed,in fact you choose to use a different deck. Is this a normal practice not to use the cads once displayed or again a matter of chice. I am just a beginner and hence the silly questions.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu May 29, 2008 2:44 am

Try it different ways, get a feel for what the energy is in the ways you are exploring and what your needs are at the time.  It's important you try out shuffling, not, re-shuffling and experimenting with the energies.  
You may happen upon something you really like for yourself and you may want to do something different when reading for others.  What is important is to try out all the ways for yourself, so you can know what energies you like, when the energies work for some spreads and types of readings and what you don't like.

vandank

Should the cards be shuffled

Post by vandank » Thu May 29, 2008 9:10 am

Thanks, that sounds reasonable to try out what suits oneself.

Return to “Tarot”