choose a deck

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

INOLAW

choose a deck

Post by INOLAW » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:44 am

how does someone choose a deck? it reminds me of choosing religion...how can they all be right. to me they are all a little good and a little bad. i dont feeeeelll the vibes. and i cant decide

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:18 pm

The cards in itself don't give you the ability to give good Readings in Tarot, they are just a tool, which in right hands can give great result.

When you now ask how to "how to choose a deck" then you must have this in mind.

When you chose a tool for your "handy work", you don't pick one out of the box, you pick the one you think will fit best.

When it comes to Tarot, you do the same....you pick that deck that gives you a good feeling...that you feel talk to you....if none do such thing....well then maybe Tarot Reading aren't the right Trade for you, because you haven't the right imagination and connection to the Cards itself.

The more you learn about Tarot, the more you investigate other Tarot Cards, and many times you change between deck, because 1 question is best given an answer from that deck....just like other tools.

I don't hope I have put you off....I am just saying this so you don't get stuck....and it is far from religion..most Religions look down on it...but as with Religion, it needs to be believed in, and opened up for, else use it for party games :)

Good luck....and I recommend Gems course in Tarot in order to give you a better view :)

George

Re: choose a deck

Post by George » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:29 pm

INOLAW wrote:how does someone choose a deck? it reminds me of choosing religion...how can they all be right. to me they are all a little good and a little bad. i dont feeeeelll the vibes. and i cant decide
find the deck that you like, simple as that!  :smt004   i choose The Original Rider Waite Tarot deck because i loved the art work.  (Which i hear is the easier to learn with, the rider Waite decks that is) .  i didn't feel any vibes or anything like that i just wanted to learn and read them!

good luck and let us all know what you choose!  :smt006

Return to “Tarot”