getting cards as a gift

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

stirtime

getting cards as a gift

Post by stirtime » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:01 pm

Is the way we receive our cards matter? Mine, I baught but the money was given to me as a birthday present specifically for getting the cards and I did, (daughter in law, did not know which ones to get) was that ok? She said she knew I wanted them but figured I might want to my own out..

kybunker

Post by kybunker » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:05 pm

My girlfriend buys her own cards, she's got several decks now,, The tarot deck I use I bought, The oracle cards I use were given to me, I love them both.
She bought one the other day and said kelley! It's different, these cards I really feel connected to!
LOL Maybe I'll be getting some gifts here soon too!

stirtime

cards as gifts

Post by stirtime » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:27 pm

I had wanted them for awhile, I even tried making my own out of hard card stock paper and they even worked but my daughter in law gave me the way to get some. There were only like 2 sets the one I got is the same as the ones used in the MB software I downloaded. I feel that was weird but then again they are popular cards..

singerofpeace

Post by singerofpeace » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:58 am

I think that as long as the cards resonate with you, it is fine :)

amberpsychics

Post by amberpsychics » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:27 pm

I have 10 decks of cards some are presents some i bought myself, I dont use them all infact i only really use 3-4 decks depending on what the client is looking for but once you are drawn to the cards and there not second hand(possibility of bad energy) then its fine.

George

Re: getting cards as a gift

Post by George » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:39 pm

stirtime wrote:Is the way we receive our cards matter? Mine, I baught but the money was given to me as a birthday present specifically for getting the cards and I did, (daughter in law, did not know which ones to get) was that ok? She said she knew I wanted them but figured I might want to my own out..
doesn't matter how you get the cards by your own hand or by a gift, etc it is fine.  bond with your cards, touch and look at them everyday,  get to know and them know that is all you need to do!   :smt002  :smt003

:smt006

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:42 am

I agree with George.

These myths that one should be given the cards or never buy cards or... or..... or........ this and that.......
I bought mine from Amazon- the least mystical way of purchasing if I may say so. I keep them - still - in the box it came in, reinforced with cellotape and keep the deck in a wooden box. I am looking for a proper box to put them in when I travel or move around. I just cant seem to get into terms with the idea of putting them loosely in a silk cloth. I like my stuff all tidy and tight contained in a safe, self-contained place. I go along with my pesonality and treat/handle my cards the same way too.

My approach to things.....
cedars

bellevalentine

Post by bellevalentine » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:11 am

I dont think it really matters as long as you cleanse and bless the cards, jsut my opinion. But I think as long as you connect it shouldnt matter =)

Return to “Tarot”