I'm Creating My Own Tarot Deck

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

JewelOfTheSouth

I'm Creating My Own Tarot Deck

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:52 am

This is my Strength card. I am working on the others in the major arcana. This is a rough draft. I have 4 other major arcana in rough draft as well. Please let me know what you think.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie
Attachments
strength.jpg
strength.jpg (65.16 KiB) Viewed 2378 times

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:06 pm

Well...I think you have a nice project there...I like it :)

If I should give input on anything, then it must be the that the Tiger gives more impression of "agility" in this picture then strength, and by that promote other thoughts.....but don't take me wrong ...I like what you have done :)

farafina

Post by farafina » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi Jewelofthesouth

I really like the colours and the design of the card.... It feels like the kind of deck I would like to use.

For the Strength card above, it seems to me that the balancing of the man-beast duality and the quiet "control" of strong forces is not there.

When I look at this card, it seems to express more soemthing about the gift of sight, vision, and a predatory use of it.

Of course, let's see what others' impressions are....

Great project!! You are a talented one!

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:37 pm

Thank you both very much! This is only a rough draft and the artwork isn't complete. The feedback is really great because I can fine tune the cards as I come up with the exact design. All feedback is wonderful and very encouraging! I'm working on a book too and hopefully between school and my readings online and off, I can get it done soon. I want the deck I create to be unlike the other decks that are out there and are almost the same except for artwork. Something new and exciting. lol

Gentle Hugs To You Both,

Julie

Crow

Post by Crow » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:41 pm

Wish I could look at card and post this at the same time, having to stop and come back. lol.

The eye, strength within, perception.  Simple yet effective.

The Tiger, Cuddly yet ready to pounce at opportunity.  Very old eyes in Tiger, makes me think wisdom too.  But warm, that is why I say cuddly.

The background is nice with the stars.  Kinda neutral, giving more focus on eye and tiger.

As to the lettering, nice but just still is missing a bit of something.  Clicking with the rest just there is something about it.  The flow is different than that of the rest of this piece.

All in all this is a beautiful work of art!  I cannot wait to see those other pieces, how many do you have finished?  Thank you for sharing.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:17 pm

just to give a "windy idea"...because I have seen lions and other used as Strength in tarot.......but are there any stronger image then this?

http://www.coconino.az.gov/uploadedImag ... 20baby.jpg

spygrrl007

Post by spygrrl007 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:41 pm

I wish I could see it.... but it does not pop up...???
This is a wonderful hobby to have- to completely personalize your deck!

I know from making my own- that it helps alot in understanding and giving readings.  I have mine stored right now on a very old puter...lol I would like to get it working again so I can continue with making my own as well.

I wish you the best in your endever, and I hope the project brings you much joy and satisfaction.

Return to “Tarot”