Does Tarot bring Bad luck???

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

kellyandRoxy

Does Tarot bring Bad luck???

Post by kellyandRoxy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:16 pm

:smt100 About 5 years ago I began to read Tarot successfully after my mother brought me a set for christmas. Shortly after using them I had a long run of bad luck. My parents split up as my father had an affair with my best friend, my Grandad past away, I lost most of my eyesight, lost my job, My aunt had a massive heart attack at the age 32, and my godmother past away.

My Grandmother told me that she heard that reading Tarot can bring on a curse. So I threw my deck in the bin....however I miss them dearly and wonder if I should start again. However I don't wish to bring on any more bad luck

Can any one help me :smt009

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:52 pm

The Tarot don't bring any bad luck.....it only so happen that you connect your misfortune to all the event, and superstition from your Grandmother.

Tarot in itself is a tool, that in the right hands can do much good, or if used by wrong people even damage.

It is not the card that do this, but the thoughts the Reader implant in the seeker.....just like your Grandmother implanted the curse idea in your head.

There is "thousand" and "thousand" that use Tarot card, either professional or to own use, it would be well known if Tarot had the ability to do curse by use :)

So you just find your Tarot ability back, and use it in the "service" of light, and you will do yourself good :)

Since this is not a reading request I move it to Tarot Forum.

Rev_Vesta

Post by Rev_Vesta » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:10 am

Tarot....i have used Tarot over 10 years and have found the use of Tarot to be a wonderful tool to bring such enlightment to one's Journey..........

It is true , Suggestion is such a powerful tool either as good or not so good for us.........unfortunately ........it is how we react to how it will affect us.......

Please embrace the Tarot cards as a tool to open up your own psychic abilities..........with love and light......

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:11 pm

I agree. It is how you use it. I don't think it has a curse. Don't you worry, It could just be coincidence.
I'm reading 2 years of tarot now, and nothing weird has happened.

But I do think it gives me more forsight AND more information about myself.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:31 am

:) I believe this is one of those "fear of the unknown" rumors, like that of not using divination tools on a Sunday and not letting querents touch your deck.

I also find that cards are a great and beautiful tool, with as much meaning as we put into them. But, at the end of the day, they are cardboard pieces and have less of a chance to harm you than your own pillow. So I would not give them up for the world and I hope you don't either, although I would look for the meaning of all those strange coincidences elsewhere, specially in the minds of those concerned in them.

I wish you the best of luck with or without Tarot  :smt023

lenas

Re: Does Tarot bring Bad luck???

Post by lenas » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:13 am

kellyandRoxy wrote::smt100 About 5 years ago I began to read Tarot successfully after my mother brought me a set for christmas. Shortly after using them I had a long run of bad luck. My parents split up as my father had an affair with my best friend, my Grandad past away, I lost most of my eyesight, lost my job, My aunt had a massive heart attack at the age 32, and my godmother past away.

My Grandmother told me that she heard that reading Tarot can bring on a curse. So I threw my deck in the bin....however I miss them dearly and wonder if I should start again. However I don't wish to bring on any more bad luck

Can any one help me :smt009
Hello, I was told the same thing about the tarot. However I was going through a rough time in my life (still am a bit) and decided to buy tarot cards. I am also between a rock and a hard place because I am also catholic. So I was taught that using the tarot is "black magic" etc.. I can tell you that so far I have not experienced any "bad luck" in fact I have begun to get a better sense of guidance. If it would make you feel more at ease I did come up across "angel cards" which I'm sure you've already heard of. I do agree with one of the previous posts that suggestion can be a very powerful thing.

ec

Post by ec » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:30 pm

My mother said the very same thing to me today....that I was on the dark side if I was using tarot... fortunately I have come to trust myself and I know that i'm one of the good guys and that if thetarot have come into my life there is a GOOD reason for that
Love and light
Ec xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pumpkin..

Does Tarot Bring You Bad Luck?

Post by pumpkin.. » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:32 pm

A few days ago I honestly never believed that silly cards could bring you any bad luck. That all changed yesterday.

Ever since my father brought home these cards everything bad has happened to us! Half of our lights burned out (maybe not cards?) our furnace broke twice our stove went on fire.

Also last night something happened. Before bed we locked every door in our house. Me my sister and mom were upstairs and my father was in the basement. Out of no where we heard our front door slam very hard. My mom called to my dad asking if he went outside. From the basement he called no. We were all freaked. My dad came to the kitchen and grabbed a knife to be safe. He checked around the house and there was no foot prints or anything. It wasnt a car door or our neighbours door. The sound came from our front door! I was freaked. And also this morning an electrician came to check our stove and furnace and said nothing was wrong. How is that possible when we all saw our stove on fire and our furnace heat wouldnt work?

Can it be possible there are some cursed cards? Like bad spirts go into some of them or something? My mom gave ours away to the poor but me and my sister told her she should have burned them! This may all sound fake but it happened. Me and my sister want a priest to come bless our house!

Do you think its all in our mind even if my entire family heard the door slam, saw the fire, and saw how our lights and furnace didnt work?

Someone please help me with my problem!

lenas

Re: Does Tarot Bring You Bad Luck?

Post by lenas » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 pm

pumpkin.. wrote:A few days ago I honestly never believed that silly cards could bring you any bad luck. That all changed yesterday.

Ever since my father brought home these cards everything bad has happened to us! Half of our lights burned out (maybe not cards?) our furnace broke twice our stove went on fire.

Also last night something happened. Before bed we locked every door in our house. Me my sister and mom were upstairs and my father was in the basement. Out of no where we heard our front door slam very hard. My mom called to my dad asking if he went outside. From the basement he called no. We were all freaked. My dad came to the kitchen and grabbed a knife to be safe. He checked around the house and there was no foot prints or anything. It wasnt a car door or our neighbours door. The sound came from our front door! I was freaked. And also this morning an electrician came to check our stove and furnace and said nothing was wrong. How is that possible when we all saw our stove on fire and our furnace heat wouldnt work?

Can it be possible there are some cursed cards? Like bad spirts go into some of them or something? My mom gave ours away to the poor but me and my sister told her she should have burned them! This may all sound fake but it happened. Me and my sister want a priest to come bless our house!

Do you think its all in our mind even if my entire family heard the door slam, saw the fire, and saw how our lights and furnace didnt work?

Someone please help me with my problem!
You mentioned that your dad brought the cards home...do you know where he got them from? Just curious.
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you and how it scared you. But since I got my first cards about 2-3 weeks ago nothing bad has happened?  Personally I really do believe in the power of suggestion.

I associate my cards with being connected to a good source, good spirit, light, pretty much just everything positive. Yes, I admit they scared me, too. But maybe if you change your way of thinking it would be different?
To be honest..like I mentioned before, they helped me with my clarity during a tough time.

Actually I've had the opposite happen...things are getting better. I feel happier with the clarity that I get from them. I still pray every morning, and most every night. I believe in god, in good and evil. But I stopped believing in people who don't know themselves if the cards are good or bad. I have to figure that out for myself. So far...I've had positive experiences since buying the cards.

Also, just out of curiousity...where does that leave you with your experience? Are you spooked? Have you thought if someone was trying to contact you instead of harming you? Have you thought about buying your own cards instead of using an unfamiliair deck?

This is actually pretty interesting because I was on a website last night and I was thinking about buying a deck that was listed as new/only used once. But I thought about it twice and I'm glad I did after reading your story! I'm VERY HAPPY with my cards!!! I mentioned this before...but they do have angel cards too. Maybe you'd me more comfortable with those?

pumpkin..

Do Tarot Cards Bring Bad Luck?

Post by pumpkin.. » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:00 am

Thanks lenas for your reply. I mean after thinking it through there is a logical explanation for all of it. Except for the door? After thinking about it I mean i no that they are just paper cards and if they were bad they wouldnt be selling them right? Even though some consider them the work of the devil its fake. Im not freaked out as much after i thought about the logic but im still curious about the door. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Rev_Vesta

Post by Rev_Vesta » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:19 am

After reading  this thread i have realized just how conditioned we can come to believe the power of suggestion within our mind........

it is your thoughts that create...... please change your thoughts... The law of Attraction..... it is how you think that has created what you have recieved..... sorry to sound so harsh..........but this is ther reality.. tarot/Oracle decks do not create bad luck or evil spirits, it is people's thoughts that attract that type of activity........

If you feel your space, your house, the tarot decks or a person need cleansing, cleanse with White sage........or music or clapping hands.... also a pentagram/pentacle may make you feel safe or any other amulet or talisman........ Crystals.......may also help.... visualization of cleansing light.........
Ask that the Archangels may protect you and bring you love and light......

I have worked with The Tarot and Oracle decks for over 10 years and my life has only be filled with love and light.........

Please  fill your heart with love and you will attract only love......... do not be filled with fear becasuse you will attract only fear ionto your life and Fear  does not make your life healthy and filled with abundance....

Blessed Be!
Vesta

lenas

Re: Do Tarot Cards Bring Bad Luck?

Post by lenas » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:03 am

pumpkin.. wrote:Thanks lenas for your reply. I mean after thinking it through there is a logical explanation for all of it. Except for the door? After thinking about it I mean i no that they are just paper cards and if they were bad they wouldnt be selling them right? Even though some consider them the work of the devil its fake. Im not freaked out as much after i thought about the logic but im still curious about the door. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
You're welcome! :) I'm not sure what the door thing was. It could have been that you really did close the door but the metal thing (that sticks out the door! sorry dont know what it's called! ) it's part of the lock and it didnt attach itself to the door frame completly? you had a gust of wind and it shut the door.

Thats my logical guess really.

I have to agree with the other post too. Where attraction plays a big part in what you bring into your life. I'm not talking about materialistic things. You cant just sit on your couch and imagine a diamond ring and have one "magically" appear or be brought to you. You have to work for it somehow. But instead I'm refering to life experiences.

Take care!

FutureVizions

Post by FutureVizions » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:31 am

I've had the opposite happen.  It's when I stop reading my cards. praying, etc. that I experience "bad luck."

Return to “Tarot”