advanced tarot question

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

mom2ericha

advanced tarot question

Post by mom2ericha » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:33 pm

I have a good grasp on the individual cards and what they mean, but can anyone recommend a good book about how certain sequences of cards could mean certain things? I have heard others saying how this card drawn with that card means this or that...and I would like to work on learning more and understanding more.

trish76

Hello

Post by trish76 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:03 pm

I have the Gilded Tarot and there is a small...not comprehensive list in the book that lists certain situations and what sequences of cards go with those situations. I don't have the book with me now but later when I get home I will post some of it (with the disclaimer that it is copyrighted and not MY personal interps of course...lol)

I sometimes find that just by knowing what the card means for you, you can sort of intuit what it means when certain pairs come up. It's generally easier with the Majors for me. Although certain pairs of the minors stand out as well...like once I got the 10 of swords and the 10 of Wands both reversed. I didn't need too much intuition to figure out that mess, LOL.

I'll pop in with those sequences this evening.  :smt006
Live happily, laugh heartily, love completely :)

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Try searching Dignities and Elementals and you will find much information. Once you understand the full meanings of the cards the picture becomes very detailed. It's great to hear that someone wants more than a quick take on the cards, to be honest there is so much to learn about them that I don't think we can ever stop learning more lol!
posted with blessings from Avalon......

Sometimes faces need to be hidden so Truth can be seen

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi my friend,

I've been studying Tarot for a few years already. There is no book that will really give you all the answers, it pretty much comes from any and all directions.

We are having discussions on the cards and the links, influences and subtle nuances that you may find. The symbolism in the cards is vast and even a little line might have a meaning, the directions which the people on the cards are looking in, has a meaning.

If you read a few books on Tarot already, i'm pretty sure you came upon the term "establish your own interpretations" Well, this I took to heart six months after I started studying Tarot, but put me back a substantial time period. This does not mean that you should throw out, what you've learned so far. It merely means that you should meditate and get to a point where the card makes sense to you or gives you revelations, what others may not see! You will then start making your own links and progress as these become evident. Now even after five years of intense study(everyday), research, contemplation and a whole lot of other things, books, encyclopedias etc. i don't even know the half of it if not less and are learning each and every day.

I think, watch the topics we discuss and surely you will find some good out of our views.

Blessed be.
Do as you want, Harm none!

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:07 am

Sorry, i only thought about it now to paste the lor you.
viewtopic.php?t=62462&sid=237599db38623 ... 536937e623
Do as you want, Harm none!

lilanarchy

book

Post by lilanarchy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:53 pm

i found that the book i have ( the mystic  tarot by juliet sharman-burke) is a very good decriptive book. it gives the story behind each card as well as the divinatory ones. useing that you can get the inverted answer as well. i also found that by writing down a simplistic form and my understanding of it in a notebook it has become easier foe me to read the cards as a whole

Return to “Tarot”