Rituals

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

irish witch

Rituals

Post by irish witch » Wed May 13, 2009 10:25 am

Does anybody have a special ritual they do with their tarot cards?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed May 13, 2009 5:30 pm

What do you mean by ritual IWitch?

irish witch

Rituals

Post by irish witch » Thu May 14, 2009 8:53 am

I mean when you buy a new deck of cards.. you do bless them or something before you start x

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu May 14, 2009 8:58 am

Do whatever you are drawn to do with them.

I dont feel there are any obligatory rituals.

You see, what might be instinctive for me, may seem ridiculous to you. So, each to their own and their belief system, I'd say.

Pray that they serve you for the highest good of manking or your surroundings......
Or... ask for old energies to disperse from the cards and ask for them to be cleansed...

Or..... dont do anything and treat them with respect.

My take.

irish witch

Rituals

Post by irish witch » Fri May 15, 2009 9:38 am

Cheers for the reply cedars.. i'll wait and see how i feel when i have my deck.

redhawk75

ritual

Post by redhawk75 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:57 am

I have a Tarot of Celtics Dragon. I use it for elemental ritual (water, earth, wind, fire) for protection.

And if I come to shaman realm, i use a 4 aces as aid.

Kaperuzita

Post by Kaperuzita » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi:

I usually consacrate a new deck with incense. I light a sandal scented incense stick and take each card and pass it over the smoke. Once for each side. I like to do that to symbolize a bond with the cards.

But then again, you should do whatever feels right with your cards. If you google it, you'll find tons of rituals to consacrate the cards, maybe one of them will appeal to you or not :P

Regards.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a very specific approach when using my cards. When I do a one-on-one reading, obviously the querant is the one to shuffle.

But, before any reading is done, i "clense" my cards. I would start with the Majors, from the Fool down to the World. Then every suit from the Ace down to the King. I do this and then stack my deck with the Major at the top, then the Swords, Cups, Pentacles and Wands.

I would then when doing a reading, flare my cards and smudge them with any incense, i feel drawn to. At times the incense I use, may be a fragrance wich the querant are using as perfume, or colour of their clothing. This, i'm guided by my intuition, and may not be a querants preferance.

I also light a white candle for intuition from the mother Goddess, a red Candle for our Horned Lord. Then any other candle associated to the question which the querant may have.

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:03 pm

:) PW, are you a follower of the Wiccan cult or some similar? I was drawn by your mention of the Goddess and the Horned Lord. What is it called? Or is it?
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

otato

Post by otato » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:59 am

Some people say they do cleansing methods for the cards... but I don't because there hasn't been any lack of accuracy in my readings (as far as I can see!!)

I've heard crystals work...

But I do keep my decks in a special box. It's this old bread-box from a garage sale a long time ago. It has a stained glass butterfly on the front. It doubles as the table where I keep my sacred objects too.

As far as my readings, I just like sitting on the floor, and doing spreads on the floor =) But that's how I prefer to do my art work too!

Return to “Tarot”