Distance readings

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Kaperuzita

Distance readings

Post by Kaperuzita » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:28 am

Hi! I've read that many of you do distance readings i.e. without actually seeing the querent. I've never done that myself but I'd definitely would like to try. Could anybody give me some tips as of how to get a good and accurate reading from afar?

Thx in advance :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi Kaperuzita

Try it and see. Try it with a friend in the same country (best with his/her permission) and just see it for yourself how it goes.

:)

Kaperuzita

Post by Kaperuzita » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi! I talked to my friends and they'll be sending me questions over my e-mail.....I'm bit nervous xD

Thx for your reply :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:07 pm

Dont be nervous.

I personally like doing distance readings. I give more details and I have Time on my side to get deeper into it.

Let me know how it goes.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:22 pm

I do most of my readings distantly now, either in webcam or chat or over the phone, it's not that hard once you get your confidence. I do find though that I tune in best by email when I have one of their emails open from the person. I also choose an identity card for them, the first card I pick before the spread. This is then my link to how they are feeling at that moment. That way I can concentrate on them and easily link in. I am sure you will do fine and there will soon be no stopping you :)
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Kaperuzita

Post by Kaperuzita » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:13 am

Hi Cascade of Light:

I liked your idea of the identity card. Do you pick that after cutting? or just draw an extra card before starting the spread? I know that some spreads use a "querent" card that you choose from the court cards based on the querent description, have you ever tried that?

Thx guys for your answers, tomorrow I'll do my first reading....I'll post the results here :)

Blessings!

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:59 am

Hi Kaperuzita,

I’m absolutely thrilled in meeting you; it’s so wonderful to find new members who are hungry for the tales and twists of Tarot. You are entering a life which will bring wisdom and knowledge to you, never taught in schools. At the Mysticboard, we discuss many topics, help each other and sometimes cross swords (very very few times). Tarot is not merely a “hobby”, it becomes you, it becomes your life. I live two parallel lives, the dictating one---Tarot Life, the mundane---my business.

I have spent most of six years intently studying Tarot, where I drive, I’ll be thinking of a reading. Sometimes a mere number plate gives me insight into a situation. And here, you are among friends and people who think alike.

You have raised a question about distance reading. That is mostly how I conduct readings. The “Identity card” is what is called “the Significator”. This is not merely a card you decide upon. In distance readings, I connect and then shuffle the four cards I chose. Then you really must get very quiet, still and at total peace. The four cards laid out in front of you, face down. Your hands will tell you which one to choose. Glide them about 5mm above the cards. The energy flowing the strongest to a single card, is the one. What I sometimes do, is to draw a minor Arcanum card that closely explains the “situation” and place it above the cards. This is only to focus my mind stronger.

It is not a must to select a significator at all. This is pretty much up to the reader. Selecting a significator is normally done using the Court cards.
Ages: 16-22; Pages
Ages: 23-35; Knights
Ages; 36-50; King for men, Queen for woman
Ages; 50 and above; Emperor for men, Empress for woman. Using divinatory meaning only.

The four cards should now be shuffled--placed in a row, the Querent is now allowed to, with their intuition, gliding their hands over these cards, choose a specific card. This card must now be turned face up and the Querent should be represented or characteristics are revealed.

The Significator and say the “problem” card, I would leave them open in the pack, while I shuffle. I will then take out the “significator”, turn the “problem card” around, and then shuffle and cut three times, with the significator above the “shuffle area”. Once I have the cards in a single pile, will put the “significator”, upright infront of me, The very first card is placed over the Significator.

I have a tutorial on the Celtic Cross spread at this link, go and copy it down. Here you may pick up a few cues to help you. That of course is  want to use the CC. This is the spread I exclusively use.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=63032

If you have any questions you are welcome to contact me. I’ve also started threads----“How much do you want to learn” and “God, geometry and Tarot” These are on the Tarot forum and investigates the symbolism found.

I hope that we can help and give you guidance as far as possible!

Blessed Be
Do as you want, Harm none!

Kaperuzita

Post by Kaperuzita » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi! You all have beed most helpfull..to say the least! I've never liked the Celtic Cross spread myself maybe since the first "oracle" I used was the I-Ching and I grew accustomed to use very specific questions. Therefore, I usually help the querent make his/her question in the most specific way possible. Then, as I wrote in another post about favorite spreads, I really like the jodorowsky-camoin method in which you write a story with the cards.

Have any of you ever tried asking your cards directly: how is my querent right now? I woke up thinking that might be a way to get an identity/significator card...maybe I'm nuts xD

Thx again for all your kind support. I really like this forum :)

Blessings!

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Kaperuzita wrote:Hi Cascade of Light:

I liked your idea of the identity card. Do you pick that after cutting? or just draw an extra card before starting the spread? I know that some spreads use a "querent" card that you choose from the court cards based on the querent description, have you ever tried that?

Thx guys for your answers, tomorrow I'll do my first reading....I'll post the results here :)

Blessings!
Hi, thanks for replying :) Which deck do you use? Is it an old one or a new one? I love the old ones but have been busy shopping online today :oops:

The Identity card is a single card that I call up at the beginning of a reading. It is not the Significator card, that is a different card and method  of reading altogether.

The ID card is simply that, a mareker or id of the seeker's energy. I concentrate on the seeker and shuffle my deck, spread them in a half moon face down and then take a card (all face down so I can't see) that I am drawn to, this card may be any one of the pack, it stays out and is an extra card to the reading. This card tells me more about the seeker and their aura and the energies that are with them at that moment in time. It is an overall energy of the reading and leads me to home into what the seeker really wants to know.

I don't like using significators and most people use them as identitiy cards now anyway and not as they were designed. The original way of using them was to choose the court card that corresponded to the seeker's age and hair colour and then replace it in the deck. Then shuffle and deal into four piles. One for each area of reading or each suit. Then if the reading was about love or relationships the pile for love or emotions or Cups would be sifted through and if the significator was in the pile the reading would take place. If the significator was in a different pile then it was thought that the reading would not be true and the reader was not on the right track and it was cancelled.
Imagine if that was the case now huh?  
Good luck with your reading :) Can't wait to hear how you get on, but remember... Have fun :)
Cas x

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Are there people who still do those long-winded ceremonies Cascade?
Ooooooh....... not me, please.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:02 pm

There are!  In fact it is fun to try out and see how many times the reading goes ahead lol. No good risking it if you are in a charging situation though ;)
Cas x

Kaperuzita

Post by Kaperuzita » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi guys. I did two readings yesterday and they all worked out yesterday. I work with a Marseilles deck that is almost 10 years old. Some cards are worn out, some edges are torn, and some cards are slightly burned--inciense accidents xD.

Anyway, I did as I said and I shuffled the cards, cut in three, chose one pile and then asked the deck how the querent was and I draw a card. I interpreted it and then I asked the desk what was the main problem this person was having and draw three more. With those, and the first card, I got a general idea of the situation and motive of the reading. In both cases, this was very accurate and it helped me to guide the readings. I left the first card on sight to continue the readings.

The rest of the reading went pretty much as a "regular" reading but I did felt more comfortable taking my time to interpret the cards without seeing the querent desperate to get an answer :P. I felt the cards were more clear and that our communication was better. I even got details--such as names--that I've never got before on a face-to-face reading.

Today, I have 2 more readings and I hope they all go as well as these other 2!

Thx a lot for caring and for your great advices!

Blessings!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Doesn't it feel great Kaperuzita?
We all have our own way of doing things and don't you forget that my friend.

Hugs.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:14 pm

Your deck sounds great :) I got the feeling of an old deck, lol. The TdM is at least as old as the Rider Waite (100 this year!) and probably at least 30 or more years older depending on the version :)  I tend to have at least 2 copies of any deck I read with, so that I never wear one out lol and have a spare for incense accidents that do happen. Anyone know how to get candle wax off?

Great about the readings.  Wonderful feeling isn't it :)
Cas x

Kaperuzita

Post by Kaperuzita » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:51 pm

The best way to get candle wax off is to put the object--I'm guessing the cards or the fabric in which you're reading--on the freezer for a while. Then, you just scratch it out with your nails or a smooth knife. It works like a charm!

By the way, the Tarot of Marseilles is, at least, from the 15th century. There's a restored version with the original colors but I have the "traditional" one as printed in Marseilles--hence the name it is widely known by--in the 19th century :)

I'm getting a Thoth deck now but Marseilles will always have a place in my heart!

Return to “Tarot”