Readings via Private Messages.

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Payewacker

Readings via Private Messages.

Post by Payewacker » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:50 am

Hi Guys,

We know that Mb is an open forum for all matters regarding pshycic matters.

One problem, which have been raised, but increased tremendously, is, requests via PM's.

I, can personally not keep up with these requests, it's impossible to participate in the open forum when you have 3 PM readings to be done as well. This is not only weekly but practically daily.

I think that all the readers should flatly refuse to do readings via PM's, be sure, i'm not going to do these at all anymore! I've decided to work office hours only, because, I also have a husband and a household to maintain, sustain and keep happy.

Sitting with readings the whole night, up to 12, gets your partner very frustrated and then a lot of unessesary blahblahblah.

Maybe MB should start considering charging a fee for extensive readings. We readers have to work to earn money, and then also work to earn zero from querants running amock on all other sites as well.

We are members of MB, because we enjoy being here, doing readings and give guidance. But truly, perhaps a midway of some sort of compensation both ways should be considered. Even if we charge only $10.00 a reading, split 50-50, will at least also support the readers to some extend, beyond that, also a small payment for every question asked, regarding a reading.

This will truly contribute to the viability of MB, and retention of the readers!!

Another matter I want to bring to the attention of Admin and the owners. As Rhuto pointed out before, the owners wish to keep this site as "free".

Then, you truly need to have a look at the ads you accept on your site!!! I don't see how a pair of ++++ can predict my future or well-being.

It costs money to run a site as MB, but, we also pay, because we are the ones doing the readings etc. Telephone lines and internet access does not come free of charge, and I think we give a very good service to our clients.

There is a site, who has drawn a lot of MB's readers. They make money from the readings they do, where are we? In the Ice-age?

These are only points to consider.

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:55 am

GIVE AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE    GIVING EXPECTING TO RECEIVE IS NOT THE SAME    WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WHO CAN NOT PAY   FREE IS THE ONLY WAY  DONATIONS DONATIONS DONATIONS  THEY WILL COME AND PROVIDE ALL THAT IS NEEDED OR FROM OTHERS SOURCES    A PRICE PUT ON SPIRITUAL MATTERS THATS JUST ANOTHER SIGN OF GIVIN IN TO THE WAYS OF THE WORLD . WE PAY FOR WATER WHY , WE PAY FOR HEALTH, WHY    THE WORLD IS FALLING APART BECAUSE IT IS BASED ON A MONEY SYSTEM    DONT GET ME STARTED              MONEY THAT HAS NO REAL VALUE   THAT WAS CREATED OUT OF THIN AIR     BANKS LOAN YOU MONEY THAT THEY NEVER  HAD TO START WITH  . please dont get pulled in deeper find ways to release      for the ones that feel burden    in the days of old  when called into service to help others ,teach lead guide  we have to learn to deattach from personal needs and issues .

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:03 pm

special gifts given are a blessing from the divine,  just one question  did we that are in touch with are divine gifts  pay money for these things, i dont believe so and to ask for payment for such  "in the sharing with others" is this the way of the divine....     remember the day of old , hidden and unknown kept from others ,ways to the divine,were factors in play,  the reason being for power and money wealth  ..we need not let history and karma repeat its self  all that is good and true  dealing with matters of the heart and soul  should not have a price .to bring about a new order  we our to share freely that which we have been given , knowledge of true ways are coming back to us this is a sign of the times  and a gift from the divine   take heed and dont be a part the machine  be free, open and willing to let it in .

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:11 pm

Gem wrote:7 ) If people keep pestering for a readings via PM ask them to post their request in the appropriate forum. If this still happens then contact a mod or admin who will deal with this.
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=45384

I just politely pm the members back and show them the rules and ask them to post in the forum :)

Simple, and no need to charge, because that opens up all kinds of problems. :)
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:13 pm

The ads though, I do find offensive, partly why I am coming here less and less. Some of them are totally innapropriate, but then do the admins actually see them I wonder?

Cassie
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi Guys,

Unemuro123, let me ask you one question! Why then don't you go and stand on a street corner and see how many people will support you as Tarot reader.I'm sorry, please, if you think money falls from the sky, be it manna, and you'll be sustained for a week. So don't come with this blahblah about free service, nothing is free. 200 years ago we HOMO Erectus not SAPIENS could hunt for our food, now you have to work for it, so in essence we are still hunting for our food. Please if you have a job and have to work for your money, what is the differance to earn it in a spiritual fashion. Do you now for one moment think that the "Pastor" of a church works for nothing!!! I was there, and let me tell you the Christian church makes a lot more money than what you think.

Rhuto, don't take this posting and dump it, it's valid and should be constructively discussed.

Unemero, if you want to starve, please be our geust, I won't!!

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

enumero123

rom the

Post by enumero123 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:21 pm

in short i have no use for money and need not of it ,i live very well and work hard but no money passes hands ...i have all that i need and i am very blessed i actually bury money  i have been give many blessing as a result  ..you can grow you own food, build your house all from that which nature gives to us .i to was bought up thinking we need money to live but i know now it to was i lie  .knowledge is also free i speak too you now its not costing me a thing we can live in a world were money is not power .in the days of old  ones skill was used to serve others and we shared ours skills ,in trade ....  money years ago was  one pound for one dollar    funny national debt is in the trillions a figure that is not even real    again we live by a system that is made of air  the people in charge have the power but only to the puppets that live under their spell

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:56 pm

Payewacker, though I don't receive daily PM requests, I do remember being in doubt to answer to a PM request when I got one. I solved it by doing the reading, but expressing I would only post it publically.

As for money... while I like the "free request" concept here, I'm not against someone being paid for doing readings (psychic, tarot, etc). I don't think something spiritual must be free in order to be honourable. I used to give my paintings away as free gifts, making special pieces on a theme that my friends wished. And the result was that while I still recognized the value from the work and friendship I put in it, after a while most friends didn't, and put it somewhere in the attick after a few years... and that tore my heart out. Instead of being frustrated over it, I started to demand money for my art, even if just symbolical fee. But for some reason, when people, including my friends, had given money for it, they treated it with respect. And so, I think that when you do something often enough a week, a month or a day, and with great skill then you will cross that treshhold where you feel you want the professionalism recognized, and money is a part of that recognition. Money is not just about getting a living, but about giving a value for time and effort spent.

I don't give frequent enough readings to be close to that treshhold, and I like the freedom to choose to whom I respond or not. But I can understand it when others are at that point, certainly when the pressure is on them by many querents. And there's nothing greedy or shameful in it imo.
Life is like a rose. The most beautiful ones have large thorns. You only need the courage to grab for them.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Payewacker wrote:Hi Guys,
Rhuto, don't take this posting and dump it, it's valid and should be constructively discussed.
I also think the discussion is in order, and that it is done in the open.

Then both Readers and seeking Members can see the stress they make, by sending a request in pm.

I would love to take away the PM ability altogether until a member have achieved xx productive post, that would have taken away some of this in a easy way, but I understand it that way that it is not easy done.

I assume this post is a direct following up to my comment on one of your readings, and what you and other tell, so is the pm request a stress cause.

I will also give the advice to neglect it all together, in order to do a good job as voluntary Reader, one need to feel that this is something on do voluntary.

As I said before...direct request from Seeker to any named Reader gives THAT Reader a Task, and not something he/she will do voluntary.

If none request is done, and the Reader see the same question in the forum, he/she can of free will give his/her reading and it will not "burn them" like a "task", and by that they last longer, and can help more people...so all benefits from having a restricted view, on direct request by name or pm.

Paid readings have been discussed, and is again put on the list, but how and when is up to the owners.

For the Adds...the best thing would be to have none.

BUT, somehow must the server be paid, and it seems few are willing to contribute, and there is an unwillingness to transfer the whole site to a paid site, so we have to accept that there is adds.

I have nothing to do with any of this...I assume that the owners have an agreement with Google which they have to live by.
When it comes to adds and XXX pictures, then I have seen none (don't mix the spam thing and adds), although I have seen some easy dressed woman, but this has either been for love adds, or adds for fantasy games.

I am very sorry if anyone feel so big frustration against the adds that they will stop coming here, and if anyone have a good idea on how we shall pay the server, and development den please bring it forward :)

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:19 pm

If mystic board is making money enough to stay online and extra .Why couldnt the extra be given to members that make it what it is .Payment for services .Not a change of heart as for as im concerned about money ,but there are some that dont have the same faith and belief as i .and i am not here to War .,but to receive money for services is that enough to fix time spent away from family responsibility .the thing that has drawn me to the site is the freeware software .for there are hundreds of forums where you can get the same interaction reading ect ,and most charge nothing . as for as standing on the corner giving free reading having faith that god will provide .well it would be about as good as opening a shop, are running a web site have you google the subject  not good odds   .for in the town i live theres 1 new age book store .three are four readers with shops and how they pay rent is a good question .business is bad .readings range from 60 to 75 dollars half hour .in a town and surrounding subs.of 200,000 people in the bible belt to make a living at it now thats funny......

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:30 pm

Okayyyyyyyy....... Good points here.

Enumero123: my friend, I think you are in la, la land, if you don't mind me saying so. If you are loaded and money comes to you so easily, then you have no right to talk like that. May God treble your financial blessings, but you cannot expect spiritual work to come free. I share PW's analogy of ministers of Church working for no pay? They have God's calling and let us leave them starve because they have the calling of God? Come  on, join the real world. Learning the tarot or any other spiritual medium, which you call it a gift, I call it investment of time and effort, because you don't wake up one morning and realise that you can read the cards or that you are an accomplished psychic. There are those who are lucky enough to have the gift born within them...

I have had requests by PM for readings and I told them I could not do it via PM and they all politely posted their request in the main forum, and, yeah, I agree one querent sulked and she put a request in the forum specifying that she needed a reading from the 'newer' readers and not from me. Well, we all have freedom of choice.

I also know that some readers from here - including our much loved and respected Akashic reader - have gone to other sites where they get paid. Are they wrong doing that? NO WAY Jose!!!!! The body needs sustenance and may those people be blessed with their revenue. The rest of us who come to this site out of love and desire to learn more, could do with some respect, acknowledgement and gratitude, if not money.  I have given three readings that I can see of in the tarot forum which originally sounded quite desperate from the querents, now they have not even bothered to acknowledge. Was my reading rubbish? If yes, then I need to know.

The people who have so far commented to this thread, including the author, are all gifted and valuable members of this site. I do charge in the real world for my readings. Why? I need to survive. I do charge for my Reiki healing. Why? I need to eat and pay the bills. But there is one difference: I do also free readings and send free healing to friends and those who may need it. We are not all in bondage to money and money only. And, I do not, for one minute, suggest that the author of this thread is either.

Sometimes querents don't like what they hear in a reading and go all quiet...... Again, their choice. But, I wouldn't give them another reading. Giving a proper reading takes at least from 30 minutes to One hour of our time. That is Time, Energy, Dedication........and all for the love of doing it. We are giving freely for our 'gift' already!!

As for the ads, I have been so much against them like Cassie, Sweetsunray and Payewacker, that I wonder if the owners do ever read these comments that we put forward at all?

I've said my piece too.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:45 pm

Rhutobello,

As always, your comments are fair and balanced.

Bless you.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:39 pm

enumero123 wrote:If mystic board is making money enough to stay online and extra .Why couldnt the extra be given to members that make it what it is .Payment for services
When we do something voluntary, and get responses, that confirm our reading, or tell us in a polite tone that we was wrong, then we do this thing from our heart. The more positive interaction between us, the more will the community grow, and the longer we all manage to give from ourselves.

If we start to ask money for our reading, then we no longer do it from our heart, we do it as a job.
When we do it as a job, then we soon start to see where we can achieve better paid...and the seekers who have paid their share ,for the Reading ,start to have greater demand for success in what is foretold.

Many times they forget, that it is themselves that must fulfill a reading, that they have to work toward it, that they maybe have to change their way of life, and they way they think.
When we then introduce payment, we introduce much more...that is one of the main reason I always have said I don't want a cent for my services here, because it is NOT my JOB....it is my voluntary task...just like you Readers, and then I am much more free to do what I want :)

Niemar

Post by Niemar » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:07 pm

MB should do anything like that....you act like you HAVE to answer all the readings...it's your choice...you can do it whenever you want to. No one is forcing you.

xdunlapx

Post by xdunlapx » Tue May 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Cascade of Light wrote:The ads though, I do find offensive, partly why I am coming here less and less. Some of them are totally innapropriate, but then do the admins actually see them I wonder?

Cassie
I am very annoyed by the huge ads at the top of the page. I hate having to scroll down to view the board. I am not here as often as I'd like because of it. Poor choice for ad placement in my opinion.

I used to have an account here but I cannot remember my old username. So I had to start over. :( So that's why I only have a few posts.

Return to “Tarot”