Any nice and simple general spread?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Kaperuzita

Any nice and simple general spread?

Post by Kaperuzita » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi guys and girls!

I was wondering if anyone knows a general spread of about 5 cards let's say when somebody wants to know about health in general, or love in general, you get the point.

I cannot remember any 10-12 card spreads...seriously, so I need something brief.

Thx in advance for any suggestion ;)

x.o.x

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Hello!

I guess you could take a look at this thread from a few months ago. I posted quite a few spreads. May be you will find one you can use.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... rd+spreads

Cheers!
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:41 pm

Pirbid

In your above link, I like the Decision Spread. I do not come into grips with the numbering of this spread.
Can we try and simplify the numbering, i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in the order they should go numerically?

Am I being able to convey my thought properly?

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:29 pm

I think so, Cedars. This spread I took from some book, and they really laid the cards in the order I posted. That is, they began laying the last but one first, then laid the previous ones... and, for some reason, the last card you lay down is the first you read. But that doesn't mean you cannot chose a different order in which to lay them, one that makes better sense to you or anyone.
I find the shape of the spread is appealing and fits a situation with two possible solutions -not all questions fit this spread, of course-.

Just as with the CC, I believe the cards will answer to any order in which you lay them, since you have the position meanings in mind as you lay them. And you can also vary the meanings of each or any position to better fit the question, as long as you do it before shuffling. After all, we can invent any spread as we go along, or just read the cards as they fall, and we always get a meaning out of them. So why bother being too conscientious about applying someone else's spread?

For example, you just said in a different thread that you don't much like positions 7, 8 & 9 of the CC. If you do like its shape and/or some of the other positions, I guess you could adapt it to your way of reading so that you get better inspiration from it. Of course, if you do try, please share your version with us. I love trying on new things myself.

Hugs

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:38 am

Thank you :)
Hugs to you too.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:26 pm

:) Hello! I was thinking of starting a new thread, but I am a conscientious recycler  :smt003 , so I will make do with this one.

Cedars, you have been asking specifics about some of my spreads. Now I am interested to know more about yours -and anybody who wishes to share theirs-.
I would like to know if you have favorites depending on the kind of question, if you use a spread for general questions and others for more specific ones, if you ever make up yours, either ahead or while planning a certain reading... If you ever do free reading -just drawing cards, laying them down anyhow and letting your tongue work it out by itself-. I am sure you could, since you even tune in to the seeker before you even touch the cards -something only psychics can do; the rest of us just shuffle  :smt002 -.

There is a reason for all these questions -other than my inquiring nature, I mean :smt017 -. I have realized that I tend to use always the same old spreads and that's because I am too lazy to learn the positions of some good ones by heart. So, unless I have my Tarot files at hand, I only perform about 3 or 4 different spreads and I end up a little tired of them. For example, your beloved Celtic Cross, Cedars, lol.

It is only when I bother looking through my files in order to post different spreads here, that I realize just how interesting some of them are and how very easy to apply in many instances. I also regret not taking note immediately of any spread you others post on the board, because it is a chore to search for them months later!

I am partial to all-purpose spreads, of course, since I need to take the trouble to learn them. For example, the Path, a very handy 7 card spread which fits nicely in my scanner  :) But I find the very specific spreads not much worth learning, since you don't get as many chances to use them. Also, I classify them into main groups according to the type of querent:
- The ME querent, who wants to be told about his/her personality. Good spreads for this are Blind Spot, Your Now, Image, the Moon, and all the general ones. The difference is these last also cover the seeker's environment and present situations.
- The DOUBTFUL seeker, who needs advice on specific matters. Most general spreads can work for this, but there are also very specific ones, like the Decision Bird or the Butterfly.
- The LOVELOST seeker, who is mainly interested in just that one aspect of life, is lucky because many spreads are dedicated to it, like the Relationship Game or the Lovers Dialog.

So, what do you all think? Which spreads do you use for each of the above situations? Would you like to share them? Hope so!

Season's Greetings to you all :smt111

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi Pirbid

Spreads. Good thread and thank you for taking it further.

To be honest with you, there is no end to the spreads. I have seen some spreads which I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole and some – simple ones – that I find so practical to use.

The more a spread starts tackling some abstract placements, the more I distance myself from it. That is why I have this ‘thing’ about the Celtic Cross. Although I owe it to Payewacker the way he explained each position and gave insights as to what each placement means, I still seem to find positions 7 to 10 somewhat unnecessary. I mean, they could be changed to reflect another aspect of the querent’s situation. I have taken our friend’s tutelage with respect and designed a diagram of the Celtic Cross combining the way I first saw the CC spread and took the majority of Payewacker’s ’way’. I have given readings using the CC spread and have found it workable for me.. but, I would still not make it my one and only spread to work with.

As for connecting energetically (or psychically), I like to do that, but there is no guaranty that something will come every time I try and do it.

Dear Pirbid, there is no need to try and learn all these spreads by heart; far from it. Just write their diagram somewhere and you can put it in front of you as and when you give face to face readings. I do that when I have clients for tarot readings and I am neither ashamed nor do I apologise about it either. We cannot learn all these spreads by heart.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:04 pm

:) True, but that means carrying quite a lot of baggage apart from my mini RW whenever I do readings far from home.

I also want to study PW's CC tutorial, since I learned it so different from his.

Right now, I am on a 'spread hunt' right here in this forum so that I don't miss a single good spread. I'm even finding some I made up years ago and had forgotten all about! Once I have gathered and classified them all, I will probably have to write a book about it, like our friend PW  :smt002

Btw, I am still waiting for answers to my questions. I mean to be ruthless about this, just as our tutor PW  :smt003 Thank you for joining in so fast, Cedars. I knew I could count on you.

Hugs  :smt020

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Here we go...... Hope the attachment is not a monstrosity, otherwise, I will give up on ever attaching things here...

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:21 pm

I take it you are still in the process of attaching... right? LOL

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:22 pm

You making fun of me eh?????

Grrrrrrrrrrrr......... the damn thing did not work....... :smt017  :smt017  :smt013  :smt013  :smt013  :smt013  :smt013  :smt013

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:23 pm

Will try again.....

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:29 pm

:smt024 Go, Cedars, you can do it! Don't give up, please. I don't want to miss the info :smt085

PS. Of course I am not making fun of you. As if... :smt002

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:39 pm

I was uploading it....... and bang, lost connection.....

Tomorrow is another day my good friend.

Nite nite.....

Return to “Tarot”