Does Anyone Use Oracle Cards?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:51 pm

Hi Guys,

In the Pictorial Key to............ of Waite, he referred to the Tarot as an "Oracle" on it's own.

I don't use Oracle cards, but, once I get my Runes back(Willem), I at times draw one Rune as an Oracle to the reading I did.

But I think Oracle Cards are great as a "daily guide".

I started to draw one Tarot card a day as a "guide", but once again own readings, I don't always trust them. So, no more daily cards!

Now, I'm tired.

Sweet dreams to all my friends.

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Let's not go there..... Tarot cards for oneself.
I have never been able to look at them objectively even a card a day.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:17 pm

cedars wrote:You are welcome.

I have Messages from Angels... but I dont use it a lot. I dont like D. Virtue's style for some reason.
Could be the powder and the perfume? I got one deck and it was so perfumed lol unreal!

Oracle (capital C) and oracle (lower case c), I spose we should have said un-tarot cards lol?

Cassie x
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:29 pm

I dont like D. Virtue's style..... all the manicured angels and semi-naked pictures of angels... I guess we have not been brought up thinking that way about angels... just the old school...

I dont believe it? You got one with smellies on them??? So typical....... Doreen Virtue......

Does she have to put Ph.D on her cards after her name? Who said you have to have a university degree to be spiritual.....?

Anyhow......

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:36 am

Thank you all, again. When I was reading up on Tarot, several sites started mentioning Oracle along with it. I was thinking I had missed something somewhere, so I started researching Oracle cards. I read in several places where the number of cards in a deck vary, which left me wondering even more about them. Some sites mentioned readings from them, others mentioned Tarot and Oracle as being the same. I couldn't see how they could be similar when a Tarot deck has 78 cards, yet the Oracle deck varies. I came here to get the answer I was looking for.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:35 am

You are welcome AyeCantSeeYou,
Whatever your interest, we are all here to exchange ideas. This is not a strictly Tarot forum either; Oracle cards can be discussed here too. And, yes, I know some people who give readings with Angel cards.

Blue Violet

Post by Blue Violet » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:26 am

I read tarot cards and also use oracle cards, Brian Frouds Faeries Oracle is my favorite.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:34 am

Tell us more about these Oracle cards that you use.. Do you give readings with them?

Blue Violet

Post by Blue Violet » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:40 pm

I don't do full readings with them but when I do a Celtic cross with my tarot cards I'll sometimes pull a card from the Faeries oracle for an added message.

You can check out the website for the cards and even get a sample reading if you choose to do so:

Mod note:

We don't allow promotion of own services.
We don't allow links to own or cooperative sites.

We do allow FREE Readings here on the site, but not with references to own sites.

If such thing is of interest...contact owner for an Paid signature adds.

Rhutobello
Site admin

Return to “Tarot”