Interesting 3-card spread I did this morning....

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:28 pm

cedars wrote:'
That was not my point though.
If one wants to know about a forthcoming month and does not have a question... then unprompted three cards will give insights as good as any three- card-themed spreads.
I was not arguing the validity of 3-card spreads.
I understand.  :)

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:37 pm

I didn't have a specific question in mind for the month when I drew the cards this morning. I just thought I'd see what the cards had to say about what I could expect for this month, since it hasn't really started out that great for me. I didn't even draw them with the past, present, and future in mind. I only put those labels on after I posted it this morning. I originally had put 1, 2, and 3. I didn't even want to put the past, present, future on there, but did only because I assumed someone would want to know what the 3 cards stood for. In my mind, then and now, they still don't 'fit' into any specific meaning. They all 3 work together, in the order I drew them. I first thought of drawing only 1 card, but knew I wouldn't get enough out of it, then instinctively drew 3. If someone had asked what they stood for, and I told them they had no specific meaning, I assumed they'd think I was flat out stupid. I hope this makes some sense.
cedars wrote:AyeCantSeeyou

You said you wanted to know about the current month and then you went on doing a Past, Present and Future Spread. That was my point... I was simply trying to get you more out of the cards by just picking three cards in order for you to get the maximum out of the three cards.

I can enumerate numerous three card-themed spreads......

Unless you had a specific question, then there are a hundred or more 3-card spreads as SS enumerated.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:39 pm

You see my dear friend, that changes the whole concept..
if you had drawn by way of a detailed insight in a three-card format, then you would have assimilated the meanings of the three of therm and their interaction with each other. As soon as you give a title to each card, then it changes..... Do you see what I mean? I am not being critical to your methods..... and I hope I am trying to be of help to you :)

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:56 pm

Yes, I understand what you are saying. You are very helpful as well, which I truly appreciate. I'm glad there doesn't have to be a title given to the cards all the time. Nothing I had read before ever mentioned not giving meanings to them. When I was holding the deck this morning, nothing came to mind, and looking back, nothing would have made sense for the reason I was drawing them.
cedars wrote:You see my dear friend, that changes the whole concept..
if you had drawn by way of a detailed insight in a three-card format, then you would have assimilated the meanings of the three of therm and their interaction with each other. As soon as you give a title to each card, then it changes..... Do you see what I mean? I am not being critical to your methods..... and I hope I am trying to be of help to you :)

Return to “Tarot”