I need help..

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Mikyo

I need help..

Post by Mikyo » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:09 am

Hi I am new here and don know if it is appropriate to post under this topic.. Ok I kinda a bit confuse by my cards.. I guess there is a number of reader do have a few decks.. But whenever I want to get a new deck.. Something draws me back from getting a new one.. Somehow I can feel that my old deck doesn't want me to get another one.. And at times thinking of getting another deck I would have a fear.. Fear that my deck would be angry.. I don know how many reader do have this feeling.. or am I just over-reacted?? ><

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:44 pm

I don't think a deck has a mind or will of its own. It are inanimate objects, not magical ones. However, some imagery works better for a person than the other, and so an attachment develops.

What I think you could ask yourself though is why do you want a new deck? And I think the answer to that question will reveal to you why you fear to be disloyal to your present deck.

Mikyo

Post by Mikyo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:09 pm

hmm.. I realise this deck of mine could works at a certain area.. maybe is My reading skill not that good yet I guess.. =X I don normally do reading for ppl as most of them either fear of it or they just couldn't be bothered.. >< still in learning stage though.. sorry if I ask this question.. ><

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:02 am

do not apologise for your questions. I have been using one deck since I learnt the tarot and I STILL cannot get or use another deck. They dont speak to me. I am sure one day I will get another deck, but then again, what is the point of having a collection of decks and getting confused with their messages if you are still at the learning stage?
We never 'master' a deck, but we feel 'easy' working with them; it is the familiarity.

My advice would be, stick to your deck until you feel you are ready to work with another one.

Return to “Tarot”