Criticism Against Tarot

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:12 pm

renjer wrote:Hi all

It isn't that I don't want to read for others. It's more like others don't want me to read for them (due to misconceptions, logical thinking, fear of over-dependence etc.).

Just clarifying my position here...

And so, having said that, looks like I can only read for myself from now on.
If you want to read for others there are plenty of opportunities online :)

I am not even sure that some of my friends know I work with Tarot lol! And I certainly wouldn't read for those that do, to me that is like reading for my family and totally wrong. Instead I would recommend one of my close colleagues. But you should not be asking to give readings - instead the seeker should be in need of one or desire one and be asking YOU - subtle difference. Please don't read just for fun or for the sake of it, giving a reading is something that is very serious and heaps a huge responsibililty on the reader.  

A reading can change a life!

I do however read for myself and have no problems doing that after I attended a workshop that concentrating on 'how to read for me'! And if you enjoy doing just then then no worries enjoy yourself :)

Cassie :)
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

renjer

Post by renjer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:33 am

Cascade of Light wrote: Please don't read just for fun or for the sake of it, giving a reading is something that is very serious and heaps a huge responsibililty on the reader.  

I understand, though how then is it possible to practice if I can only read for myself? During these early stages I need all the practice I can get.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:38 am

Then you tell people you are practising. Start with small spreads rather than going to the likes of Celtic cross and so on.
I am studying certain therapies, massage and so on..... and I do tell my friends that I am practising on them. I am sure your readings will still mean something t your friends.
Why dont you practise on this site when there are reading requests.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:50 am

Always have in mind that we learn from our mistakes...none is born confident in anything except how to eat,sleep.......

I am sure you have heard the saying...Practice give masters...

So I agree...as long as you state that you still are a "beginner",(learner"), (who isn't :) ), then the seeker will see on the reading with a more open mind, and that will benefit you as well as Tarot :)

Many who believe strongly in Readings, see these tools as 9 o'clock news, they are not...they are paths which the seeker him/herself must fulfill in the end, its our mind which is the real tool....conscious as well as unconscious.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:52 am

Amen Rhuto!!

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 pm

renjer wrote:
Cascade of Light wrote: Please don't read just for fun or for the sake of it, giving a reading is something that is very serious and heaps a huge responsibililty on the reader.  

I understand, though how then is it possible to practice if I can only read for myself? During these early stages I need all the practice I can get.
First you need to learn the deck you are using, that in itself brings confidence with no blank moments or  empty errr? err? err? moments  or reaching for the book.

The cards will do the rest, they have done pretty well for a very long time and really anyone whatsoever can read them if they know how. But knowing how is crucial, no amount of practice will be enough otherwise.
The Tarot does not give facts, it does not predict or forecast so don't try and read those into the cards.

Try a card a day and just simply ask, "What do I need to know today?" and then shuffle and pull a card and see how it relates to the day.

Cassie :)
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Return to “Tarot”