My First Distance Reading

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

renjer

My First Distance Reading

Post by renjer » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi all

Just thought I wanted to share with you my first ever "distance" reading for a friend who was chatting to me on MSN today. For once I found it really easy to interpret the cards.

The story goes: My friend has a very evil marker who will be marking her thesis. The marker has once remarked to my friend's supervisor, questioning him on the rationale of him accepting my friend to do Honours because my friend is not that great in university work and had once been involved in a Plagiarism case (where she got acquitted because it was not her fault). In short, the marker totally hates my friend and I am very convinced that she will give my friend a bad mark due to this initial prejudice.

However, my friend is extremely timid and would rather not want to face dealing with a situation like this. On the one hand, my friend thinks the marker is extremely bad for making such rude remarks about her, yet, my friend did not wish to get the marker in trouble.

Thus, the question is: What Should My Friend Do About Her Honours Project?

I did a Celtic Cross with my Legacy deck as usual. The abundance of Swords cards suggests that my friend needs to have clarity of mind while making her decisions. Also there are heaps of reverses, which (for the first time) I could interpret easily  :smt003

The Heart of the Issue: The Devil Rx
The big bad devil can only signify the marker, whom I am familiar with since this marker was once my Honours supervisor in the past. I find this person quite obnoxious actually. There is also a little girl who is covering her eyes at the corner of the card. I take this to mean my good friend who is afraid of her. Extremely afraid.  However, since the Devil is Reversed, my friend can break free from her. The bonds are broken. If she can take this first step to face this situation instead of waiting for things to happen, she'll be able to free herself from The Devil.

The Obstacles: 3 of Coins
My friend feels she has worked very hard during Honours and fears confronting the Devil because she is afraid that her hard work will be destroyed (due to the marker's revenge). Yet, she has to do something, if not her grades might suffer.

Foundation of the Matter: Ace of Swords Rx
A reversed ace signifies confusion in my friend's situation. She doesn't know what to do. On the one hand she thinks the marker is really bad for saying these things about her, but she doesn't wish to get the marker in trouble by filing a complaint. The ace says to her to get a grip on reality, to see things as they really are.

Receding Influence: King of Coins Rx
As always, a court card appears, and is always difficult to interpret. King of Coins might actually signify the supervisor. The receding influence of her supervisor suggests to me that he might be unable to offer much help, and thus my friend has to rely on herself in this situation. Interestingly, this is the only court card that appears in this spread, and is a male.

Immediate Future and Future: 10 of Swords Rx and 5 of Coins Rx
For once, two cards that confirm each other. The 10 of Swords Rx means that the worst is over and a better day will be here tomorrow. 5 of Coins Rx is "an end to difficult times". Therefore, if my friend actually heeds this tarot reading, she will be able to make her life better.

You as You See Yourself: The Tower
An appropriate card to describe my friend. She is extremely timid and always runs away from problems. Probably she will be (suddenly?) forced to change her beliefs after this. Or there might be something else that she doesn't know that will resurface and cause her to change her thinking...

External Influences: 4 of Swords Rx
A resting person on top of 4 swords does not want to be disturbed. Yet since the card is reversed, it is time for the person to wake up. Probably describes my relationship with my friend now. She is sleeping and I am waking her up to face the reality.

Hopes and Fears: 9 of Cups
A very good card signifying abundance and plenty. This could mean that my friend's wishes will come true.

Outcome: 7 of Wands
A great card that describes her situation. A card of courage, whereby a warrior is holding his own wand and fighting against six others. The tarot reminds her that she has to be strong, to face the challenge ahead so that her hopes can be realised.

So, how do you think I went? It isn't every day that the tarot is as clear as this. I wonder if is it because my friend is really feeling very "stressed" over this situation?

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:50 am

Hi renjer.

As you know, most readers interpret their cards differently. So I will not comment on your interpretations at all!

But, one thing great, is that you took that first step in doing distance readings, well done!

I hope the outcome is as you intepretid it.

Blessed be

Return to “Tarot”