Tarot and Root Numbers

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:32 pm

it is a example of someone with a lifepath number of 70/7

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:40 pm

I dont, first of all, understand Swetha's question and I certainly dont understand the replies given my Enumero.

Enumero: What do these numbers mean? ARe you talking about some kind of timing of the tarot cards? And what is the number 0 if you are talking timing.?

They all look interesting.... but... I would like to know what you are talking about?
Yeah, still does not answer my questions...........

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:52 pm

What I don't get is why there is so much emphasis placed on the numerology by numbers like that? I mean the order of the suits and the cards obviously changes the whole numbers thing. Strength and Justice 8 or 11, Wands or Pentacles first? Fool 0 or 21 or 22? What about decks with Coins or Spears? It is very deck specific and that seems to be totally ignored and mostly a waste of time because if you are going to use numerology then why bother learning or using Tarot?
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:56 pm

it would be a person with the birthdate of 12-31-1989 12+31+27  70/7  root number 7 which addresses the original question concerning life path number /tarot and as the chart shows astrological placement  the example reading shows how all three numerology tarot astrology can be used to together .  have you look at the chart   and the example  reading

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:57 pm

That is exactly my thought but I was hoping the light would be shed by Enumero. Thanks Cassie.

I wonder sometimes whether it is tarot or numerology that we are dealing with here. With all respect to the knowledge of numerology that people have, making random statements and declarations of pages and pages long.... does not really shed anything (let alone enchance, if there is such a thing) our knowledge of Tarot.

enumero123

tarot symbolism key 0 (22) the fool before and after

Post by enumero123 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:22 pm

the master number 22 holds a unique position in the tarot deck. theoretically ,the major arcana begins at key 1 and continues through key 21 .the minor arcana begins at 23 ,the king of wands ,and continues on to 78 ,the ten of pentacles .the fool ,as key 0,stands by itself representing the god force .22 would seem to be missing ;however ,since cyclicity  is the essence of life .. ,there can be no ending .therefore the fool key 0 is the life force before entering manifestation ,and the 22 is that same key 0 the fool having walked the 21 keys  of the major arcana to complete that full cycle and step once more beyond the present incarnation ....

is this the zero you speak about  the fool or the 0 in 70  which  represents god spirit the 0 strengthens the 7,or   are  you speaking of the 0 degrees in the chart ,each house starts with 0 and works up to 30 , astrology

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:33 pm

i have shown the pattern of the numbers 0 -78  i have also given a chart to give a pictorial prospective and a general reading for the number 70/7  thats about all i have, it is a system of numerology that does goes beyond tradition  in that it uses three systems in one; tarot, modern  numerology,and astrology     .but this is not uncommon in todays world.  example is; astro-numerology

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:37 pm

I assume it is the zero for the fool it was a cry for, and you have now given a nice explanation for how it works according to Numerology :)

I think the whole confusion is that this is a Tarot Forum, with its own learning process...and its own way to read positions and outcomes.

I think the combination of Tarot and Numerology can only have some value for those who have great knowledge in both trades, and that will develop a broader window for their predictions.

I shall not enter the discussion about what is right and what is wrong in the combination tarot/numerology, but I think most of the Tarot readers here have enough tools with their understanding in Tarot.

I am not blaming you enumero123 for this, because it was another member that started the combination view, and it was followed up by Swetha.

Maybe if the interest is high enough, then this can be discussed in "Tarot Discussion and Ideas", I feel the way it is done now, can lead to more confusion then clearness, both for readers and members :)

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:24 am

Guys;

Now, these numbers are confockulating me and I think all of the Tarot readers.

Firstly, The King of Pentacles is a specific zodiac. Therefore, in the Zodiac, you have fixed, mutable, etc. facets. Now in this sense All the Kings are the FIXED sighns, Queens, mutable and so we continue,. We have five elements to contend with, and one Major who rules TWO of the number sequences!! So we see that the Hierophant, although number 5, also controls the Poor Emperor, the Kings, and the little Knights or cry-babies.

So, as the grand Architect, Pythagoras put together numerology, based on the Tarot? Read your history and see. It was even believed that Numerology replaced Tarot! A total load of ???????

In this sense, I will never discount the importance of any other means of divination. Tarot is Tarot, Numerology is numerology. Everything is the energy we attract and pump into our systems. A numerology reading can alter the life of a person, so do Tarot.

The fact remains, Tarot is based on a number of things, the Merkabah, Cypher of Genisis, the Kaballah, Judaism, Biologicall processes and Mythology! All of this came out of Alexandria, under the rule of the Pharaoh's, it has been labelled as secret "discussions", secret knowledge, what more.

The Hebrew Aleph-Beth has in total 21 numbers and five finals, finish! In these confines is where Tarot is read and interpreted. Doing readings I use the very basic principle of numerology. Everything is reduced to under nine or ten. The reason is very simple: Aleph is Yod, and Yod is Aleph. This is a continuous battle between the life-death principal. The Kaballah is divided into archetypal, existential and cosmic.

If you have studied the Kaballah you will know how the cards were linked to the Kaballah, this also gave rise to Hermitisicm.

Unfortunately, there is a fixed beginning and end, and that is Aleph to Yod, and Yod to Aleph. 1=10, and 10=1

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

Return to “Tarot”