Tarot influence?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

snick1899

Tarot influence?

Post by snick1899 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:24 pm

I am very new to reading cards, but I have noticed when I read them for someone else they seem to be dead on.  When I read them for myself they always say what I want them to say and not necessarily what is true.  Is this common when reading your own cards? Is there a way to block this so I can give myself accurate readings instead of influencing the turnout?

vita

Post by vita » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:52 am

snick1899 even after years of reading Tarot I will often turn to my cards to read for myself and they won't talk to me or rather I only see what I want to see, its a bit like a friend giving me advice and I still can't see the wood for the trees so your not alone in this.

What I can suggest is to try to detach your emotional involvement when reading for yourself, I often imagine I am sat across from myself and that I am just reading for another sitter who has the same life and problems as myself and is seeking the same insights, it helps form that detachment.

Hope this helps.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:33 pm

What vita said is correct. Reading for oneself is not the easiest of tasks and I think it is better if done by someone else - detached and unbiased.
You are not the only one who has problems with reading for the self - most of us do.

If you can help and manage to detach yourself, have a go and see what comes out.

George

Re: Tarot influence?

Post by George » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:00 pm

snick1899 wrote:I am very new to reading cards, but I have noticed when I read them for someone else they seem to be dead on.  When I read them for myself they always say what I want them to say and not necessarily what is true.  Is this common when reading your own cards? Is there a way to block this so I can give myself accurate readings instead of influencing the turnout?
yes very common!  
:smt003
for some a hard thing to do and for others not so hard.   if i don't have strong feelings one way or another, i tend to be able to read for myself.  if i feel strongly about my question then i tend to read what i want and not what they are saying.  therefore i decided not to read for myself for the most part.  if i do read for myself in that high emotional state i don't take it too seriously especially if they are telling me everything that i want.    :smt020  
practice at it and see what you get, if anything you will learn and get a feel for you cards.

:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Return to “Tarot”