Two of Cups help?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

rukiafae

Two of Cups help?

Post by rukiafae » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:11 pm

Typically this card signifies two people or a relationship with a positive connotation to it.

Tarot is not my specialty, although readings I have done in the past (for others, not myself) always tend to ring very true.

I just performed a reading regarding my husbands search for employment and the result card was a 2 of cups. I've never thought of this card as being an indicator of employment, although I suppose it could be.

Could I be right or am I way off base?

I did a simple one card draw after meditating with a candle dressed in CoS, van van, and money drawing oil and on the question of whether or not hubby would find a job in the next 2 weeks. (not the best method, but was what I had time and space to do at the moment)

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:07 am

Hi rukiafae,

Yes this card do represent a relationship, but can also indicate dualities, the coming together of two!

You can read more on the two's, follow this link:
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=67842,

Discussion on Beth:
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=68124

For other information you can go to this forum under the Tarot forum:
How much do you want to learn about Tarot? or

Tarot discussions and ideas, in the main forum index.

I think you have restrained your time-limit, as two is also seen as an "obstacle", this is particular in the Kaballah and the Celtic Cross Spread.

Blessed be.
Do as you want, Harm none!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Two of Cups also means new partnerships, getting together with an other person for meeting of minds and purposes.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:42 pm

An indicator of an official agreement or exchange of contracts too :)
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:45 pm

There is always the wishful thinking of the two of cups being for love and romance, but my experience says not so. It can be for platonic friendships and as Cassie said on business matters too.

rukiafae

Post by rukiafae » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:24 pm

thank you much!

TarotModerator

Post by TarotModerator » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:49 am

Hi,

We are hosting a new Tarot course for 2011, please join us.

Here are the links to sign up to the course.

To sign-up, follow this link:
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=73951

To view the Index of Topics, follow this link:
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=73952

Our first topic will appear shortly. Just mark those forums to alert you for postings.

:smt008
We run a self study course in Tarot...please sign up..work together with your fellow students...and if further help is needed...ask for help....

George

Re: Two of Cups help?

Post by George » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:11 pm

rukiafae wrote:Typically this card signifies two people or a relationship with a positive connotation to it.

Tarot is not my specialty, although readings I have done in the past (for others, not myself) always tend to ring very true.

I just performed a reading regarding my husbands search for employment and the result card was a 2 of cups. I've never thought of this card as being an indicator of employment, although I suppose it could be.

Could I be right or am I way off base?

I did a simple one card draw after meditating with a candle dressed in CoS, van van, and money drawing oil and on the question of whether or not hubby would find a job in the next 2 weeks. (not the best method, but was what I had time and space to do at the moment)
In my book of Tarot, and if i was to use their definition this card is "love and good news".  Maybe it means the good news of a new job!  Or good news about leads to a new job etc!
I have had this card mean healing because of the caduceus in a past reading.  it can also mean what all have said so far. it can mean what your iniution tells you it means in a reading.  look at the card and let it tell you a story and you might see an answer to your question more clearly. ;)
good luck!

:smt006

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:35 am

Hi George,

The Caduceus is not a symbol to healing, the correct symbol is the Rod of Asclepius,

follow this link to my article on this topic:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... YzU5&hl=en

Blessed be.

George

Post by George » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:57 pm

Payewacker wrote:Hi George,

The Caduceus is not a symbol to healing, the correct symbol is the Rod of Asclepius,

follow this link to my article on this topic:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... YzU5&hl=en

Blessed be.
Thank you! A very interesting article that i have now saved and will use later for further reference.  It's good to know that type of history of such symbols in Tarot.
Although, for the sake of argument, the caduceus symbol would still refer to healing even though the Rod of Aesculapius might have been bastardized over the years? Wouldn't you even say that it is a symbol of healing now especially for the II of Cups? Or when you read you see the caduceus as a different meaning because of it's history?

:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:03 am

Hi George,

We are reading Tarot, so anything is possible. We as readers are advised to always derive your own interpretations. If you feel the caduceus refer to medicine, then that is how you apply it.

As a lead on to the article on the Rod of Asclepius, I have another doc, but have to really look for it, as it is saved in another one??? :smt009

Some interesting facts.
The caduceus refer to Hermes and Mercury, the planet associated with the Magician. Hermes is the protector of thieves, liars, traders and travelers. The Lion's head pertains to strength in numbers.

After Moses put the snake on the pole, the Hebrews got to worship this "God" for a very long time, even if it couldn't heal them any longer.

In the 30's most medical practitioners had no degree or formal schooling in medicine. Thus the reference "kwak".

Blessed be.
Check Out Your Hermes Sign

Return to “Tarot”