New Tarot Deck and I need a little help.

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

DecemberJ

New Tarot Deck and I need a little help.

Post by DecemberJ » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:54 am

I got a new tarot deck for my birthday and I know some Tarot Decks need to be put back in order after they're done being used. I don't see it anywhere in my Tarot book. The Tarot cards that I have are Classic Diamond Tarot Cards by Marie-Louise Bergoint and Klaus Holitzka. Does anyone else have these cards and do you put it back in it's original order or do you just leave it be after you're done using them??

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:25 am

Hmm......let me try to build you a picture :)

A Tarot Deck to an absolute freshman is nothing more then a deck of playing cards with nice pictures on.

If one want to learn how to be a Tarot reader, then one need to have interest for it...one need to have some intuitive way of thinking....and one need compassion, and life experiences.

When we try to become a Tarot Reader, then we start an interaction between Tarot Cards, and Tarot Reader.

So the Cards become your most important tool, and companion, so then I ask you.....How will you Treat them? The answer you give is the right answer for you....but not necessary the right answer for another Reader...because everything goes on feelings.

If you are new to Tarot Reading....then I can recommend you to Buy a "Dummy deck"...put all clue word for each card on sticky paper and clue them on the back on each card.

Then when you put out spread, you have easy access to the clue word.......but remember they are just that....and a meaning might change if you look at the question from different angles...so here is it the personal touch come into play.

Tarot is not a TV....you can never see what will happen...you might be able to give paths....but it will always be up to the seeker to fulfil or avoid any reading....be careful when you come to death and infidelity....it is most of the time not what you think it is...and if you put such thoughts in the head of a seeker they might create more damage then help.

Good luck :)

DecemberJ

Post by DecemberJ » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:28 am

Heh, thanks. I've Tarot read before. I have three other deck of Tarot cards. I just wanted to know if I had to put them back in order after I am done doing a reading. You know from the Fool Card all the way to the King of Pentacles. Or if I just leave it the way it is. Thanks for the helpful information.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Heh, thanks. I've Tarot read before. I have three other deck of Tarot cards. I just wanted to know if I had to put them back in order after I am done doing a reading. You know from the Fool Card all the way to the King of Pentacles. Or if I just leave it the way it is. Thanks for the helpful information.
There is no 'have to' with a tarot deck and I personally dont follow any of these supposed 'have to's'. You treat the deck as you see fit and as you are inclined towards the deck. No one and I say No one can tell you how to treat your deck. It is a unique relationship between you and the cards.  And, I have never heard this thing about putting the cards back in order. And if if you did so, how well will your shuffling be before giving a reading that you would make sure you dont get the cards mostly in sequence?

You can wrap the cards in silk or velvet - that is up to you.

If you have had three decks before how come you ask this question now? Is it something that was said in the guidelines of this particular deck that you have bought?

My dear, you will hear people saying all sorts of rituals about how to treat a tarot deck. Please build you own relationship with the cards like you build your own with a favourite item of yours.

I treat my cards with some form of respect. That relationship belongs only  to me and I cannot and would not enforce it on someone else.

Please do not hesitate to ask anything that you like and I hope we can contribute as best we can.

All the best to you in your tarot journey.

TarotModerator

Post by TarotModerator » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:44 am

Hi,

We are hosting a new Tarot course for 2011, please join us.

Here are the links to sign up to the course.

To sign-up, follow this link:
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=73951

To view the Index of Topics, follow this link:
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=73952

Our first topic will appear shortly. Just mark those forums to alert you for postings.

:smt008
We run a self study course in Tarot...please sign up..work together with your fellow students...and if further help is needed...ask for help....

golden angel

Post by golden angel » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:56 am

I don't know about putting them back in order. I've been reading tarot for about 5 years and i've never put them back in order ever. the one thing i do do is flip them all back right side up so the next person i give a reading to doesnt get a scewed readingthe next time....

hope that helps
golden ange1

George

Post by George » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:16 pm

i wouldn't say or think that a "scewed" reading would come form cards not put back right side up.  i go with the ideal that there is no wrong way the cards can be shuffled or dealt.  they are to fall as they fall.  i have never done it that was so i am curious why did do you start doing it that way?  btw, do as you are comfortable i'm just curious!

:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Return to “Tarot”