Spreads

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

zeldaevolution

Spreads

Post by zeldaevolution » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:45 pm

I stumbled upon this good resource of data while I'm searching for other spreads... This things got me interested, though, I don't have an idea yet on what the cards' right placement is...

I hope this helps:
students-of-tarot.com/spread-questions.html

I was wondering if someone had found this before me too, as I used the search function on the forum, I haven't found similar links yet.....  :smt012

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:56 am

Hi,

There are many spreads, which one is right for you, is for you to decide.

The best is, to use those as has been used by AE Waite. He is one of the leading figures in the Tarot community and highly respected.

I stuck to the CC from the first reading I did. It gives you the most information and you can answer several questions from this spread with one lay of Cards. I have extensive tutorials on this spread.
To use "others" which are " similar is not recommended as each house has a letter, number and biological process attached. It works in the Archetypal, Existential and the Cosmic realms. in other words: Before our Space-time, the existing space-time and beyond our space-time.

As a start you may want to use a few 3 card spreads to familiarize yourself with the cards and how u use them, the way the "story" blends and how to pick-up commonalities and symbolism in the cards.

I recommend u use the Rider Waite deck and not one of the derivatives. You can later on, once you have learnt all the symbolism and links, buy the "nice" decks with wonderful art work.

You will notice that all the Tarot readers or well-known readers use only the RW.

In mentioning three card spreads above as "tutorial", I feel I don't give enough credit to this spread, in that context.

Three card spreads are very versatile. You can name the houses in any way you want:
Past, Present, Future.
Situation, Advice, Probable Outcome, etc......

These spreads can glean as much informatio on any matter. The very important thing remains, is your theoretical knowledge.

For a very good teacher, Cedars will be most willing to assist you on three card spreads, he is the pro on those!!!!!!!!!

Rhuto is unfortunately not available for a short time, once he returns we will discuss a few matters and one would be for me to host a Tarot course.

In the meantime, you are welcome to PM me, on the tutorials and other articles I wrote. I am honored in presenting this course to you at no cost.

Blessed be.

zeldaevolution

Post by zeldaevolution » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:17 am

Oh... I was planning to buy the Phoenix deck too... haha..
Thanks for the advice, I'll go and pick up the Rider Waite deck once I find it.

About the spreads, I plan to use the 1,2, or 3 card spreads, as they are much easy for studying and practice for a learner for me.

Right now I think Mr. cedars is making me a reading :D

Mr. Rhuto, I've seen his name on the forums, but I haven't talked to him yet...

I want to buy the cards before I want to take a proper lesson, so I might pm you some later time...
By now, I'm getting an overview and an idea of the the cards, so by the time comes, I'd probably have a different feel when I touch it...

Thanks very much for the ideas and advice and have a nice day~ ^__^

By the way Mr. Payewacker... I can't help but feel that you're a reincarnation of some sort, or I feel like a person from the renaissance period... o__o
I'm still a kid when I reach my 40s, that's for sure.
I'm grown up when I'm 70, that's a bull's eye.
When I get to 120, it's probably that God will call me some time later... because he set up my bed for me ^__^

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:11 am

Zelda

You are welcome on this site... you seem to be eager to learn and we will do our best to help.

Enjoy your tarot journey.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi,

Yes, that is a nice deck!

Interesting about one, two and three tarot card spreads;
Look at the direction the people look in, in this you may conclude any opposition from or agreement to a specific matter.

Thanks for your kind words.

Blessed be.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:29 pm

Zelda

With regard to the Rider Waite... there are two decks: Original and Universal.

I have both decks and I work with the Original, but as a newcome, perhaps you might like the Universal where the graphics are a lot clearer and the colours a lot more vivid.

Look at both before you buy and see which one speaks to you most.

Please remember, someone is always here to give inputs and advice to you.... dont hesitate to ask.

:)

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:19 pm

I recommend u use the Rider Waite deck and not one of the derivatives. You can later on, once you have learnt all the symbolism and links, buy the "nice" decks with wonderful art work.

You will notice that all the Tarot readers or well-known readers use only the RW.
Oh I have to disagree!  So many of the world's best readers do NOT use a Rider Waite deck! May actively berate it preferring the Thoth or the Tarot De Marseille.

But I am a Rider Waite Smith fan, there are about a dozen good Rider Waite decks now, so nearly everyone can find one they like from the faded authentic Original Rider Waite deck to the Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative 100 years old deck. Then we have the  basic Rider Waite printed in 4 versions, the Universal, the Golden, The Radiant, Albano-Waite, the Aquatic, the Illuminated, Simply tarot and the Smith Waite Tarot :)
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:22 pm

zeldaevolution wrote:Oh... I was planning to buy the Phoenix deck too... haha..
The Phoenix cards or the Phoenix Tarot Cards? The Tarot deck is hard for a learner as it uses pipped cards and the minor arcana do not have pictures on except illustrations of two swords or 6 Cups etc.

The Phoneix cards are very good for past life regression spreads though :)

Happy looking and choose the deck that you like the best :)
Cas x

zeldaevolution

Post by zeldaevolution » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Oh... please don't argue over something trivial... we have all our opinions ^__^

Thanks everyone for all the advice, and encouragements... I hope the coming year will be much more great than the last one.

Happy New Year everyone :D
When I get to 120, it's probably that God will call me some time later... because he set up my bed for me ^__^

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Sorry if you have taken offence but I wasn't arguing, I was merely stating my opinion from my experiences. Disagreeing isn't arguing! Everyone one is free to post their opinions here?
Cas x

zeldaevolution

Post by zeldaevolution » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Oh sorry... I thought it will light up a fire... :D
My apologies, really...

oh yeah, I was thinking of making my own spread... can that be possible?

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:47 pm

zeldaevolution wrote:Oh... please don't argue over something trivial... we have all our opinions ^__^

Thanks everyone for all the advice, and encouragements... I hope the coming year will be much more great than the last one.

Happy New Year everyone :D
Cassie?????????

zeldaevolution

Post by zeldaevolution » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:53 pm

Cassie?... what's that? o__o

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:08 pm

Yes, you make your own spread..
how many cards were you thinking to include?

zeldaevolution

Post by zeldaevolution » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:31 pm

I was thinking of only 4 cards... it came up to me since I was a kid I always used 4 to balance everything... I might reduce it to 2 only, or as many as 16 if possible...

The main idea which I thought of is like,

Past, Present, Future, Decision/Challenge/Now

Physical, Emotion, Logical, and Spiritual states

or something like a person having 4 paths using major arcana as if there are many choices that you can make, but there are 4 things that can make up on where your decisions will take you to, or 4 choices that are the most influential to a person's life...

oh well, I'm still learning so I don't know if it's alright to make early theories...

Return to “Tarot”